IGNORED

All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

Guest Gary C

Oh, Samir. I hope you're just being a cunt to earn a better contract at Arsenal. When Cesc leaves you'll be the star of the show and you should then be the highest wage-earner.

If you're seriously considering United, I can understand that they're more likely to win trophies, but you would've completely fucked us over as we'd make a loss on selling you now.

I imagine that you want to see serious intent from Wenger in the transfer window. If (and when) Cesc goes you'll want to see a big name that'll make another 2 years worth while.

It's Wenger's problem. Sell Cesc, give Nasri all the money in the world and buy Cahill/Sakho/Jones/Hamsik/Witsel/Benzema/Higuain/Lukaku. It's pretty obvious really.

[/FootballManager]

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do Madrid want both Benzema & Higuain to leave?

I just read a rumor that they want Chicharito for Benzema+Higuain+Ca$h. That's insane!

There have been rumours surrounding Madrid and Hernandez since last November. It would be the dumbest move Hernandez could make.

That particular rumour is ludicrous though - Madrid would have to pony up a lot of cash for us to take those two off their hands...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gary C

Ashley Young to United. Fair enough. I think he could up his game.

Phil Jones to United. A young John Terry. Big fee, but alongside Smalling that partnership could be pretty amazing for about 7 years.

Henderson to Liverpool. Massive amount of money for a young player. He'll probably do fine.

Today Barca put in a bid of £27m for Fabregas. What a slap in the face. Guardiola may believe that Cesc is worth less than 35m, but not with his status in our squad. I really hope we don't let him go for any less than £45-50m. Barca will have to sell some fringe players and maybe miss out on Alexis Sanchez to afford that though.

Speaking of Sanchez. He's fluttering his eyelids not only at Barca, but Man City who are more than ready to bid 10m more and stick him on the bench. Udinese are right in asking so much for him, but in a world where Henderson costs £20m and Sanchez £45m+ why on earth are Barca being such cunts about Fabregas?

Unless I've missed something there's been no other massive signings yet. It looks like Gervinho is going to Arsenal and that Aguero will finally decide where he wants to go (Madrid or Chelsea). Sneijder is still mooted as going anywhere. No-one can match Tevez's wages and the new Chelsea manager Villa Boas might be stealing Falcao and Moutinho from his old team.

Guest Gary C

yeah but let's be honest. cesc's value has dropped this season. he pretty much played like shit.

This is true. He was terrible and injured a lot.

But I still don't think any Champions League team could sell a young playmaker and captain(!) for less than 45m.

Barca are lucky he spiritually belongs to them because if it were anyone else we'd be talking about 50m.

It's a shame that he's been tapped up for so long really, although it's really no-one's fault because he's simply good friends with the whole Barca team. He's worth more and should recognise it. Wenger's tried to explain this to him every summer for the past 3-4 years, but meh.

I like Jones and Smalling - they look to be the England partnership for a long time as well! I wish to christ we'd sign a decent central midfielder. Young doesn't really bring us anything we don't have already.

27 million for Fabregas is insulting.

Is sanchez that good? I haven't seen much, but he seems a bit of a prima donna....

Guest Gary C

Okay, so Cesc leaving Arsenal for Barcelona I can understand. They're getting closer to £40m too, which is a good sign. I'd prefer £45m-50m, but that'll do.

But Clichy? Fair enough his contract is almost up, but to Man City? What is wrong with Arsenal. Never sell a first team player to your direct competition. Ugh.

And Nasri rumours won't go away until he signs a new contract. I expect a whole summer of talk about him, intensified once Cesc finally leaves.

Christ Arsenal. I might be burning my shirt this season.

Nasri wants to be top dog at Arsenal, should be no problem with Fabregas in Spain. Up his wages, give him the armband and make him live up to some performance level on his contract.

Clichy is good, but is he a better defender than citeh's other left backs?

Guest Gary C

Nasri wants to be top dog at Arsenal, should be no problem with Fabregas in Spain. Up his wages, give him the armband and make him live up to some performance level on his contract.

Clichy is good, but is he a better defender than citeh's other left backs?

Better than Bridge, yes. Kolarov, maybe.

Nasri has previously intimated that if Cesc leaves he wants to see high-profile movement in the market. Big names. So far we're only likely to grab Gervinho. He might be good, maybe great in a few years, but he's not high-profile. We've signed a right-back from Charlton and are linked with some young midfielders, Samba and Gary Cahill. Not exactly exciting.

I, along with every other fan, agrees that Cesc can go but Nasri must be made top-dog. It's just a shame that we're not courting the bigger names (Sanchez, Neymar, etc.). We can't pay their wages, yes, but I'd like to see a little more fantasy from Wenger.

Every season for the last 6+ years we've taken more blows than gains in the transfer market and I'm pretty tired of it. Spurs almost knocked us off our pedastal last season and Man City already have the ability to finish above us. Perhaps it's time Arsenal fans finally admitted that we're in decline.

Liverpool have done well to come-back after a couple of troubling years. The sale of Torres sparked a rebirth, but I don't see anything similar happening with Arsenal.

I even read that Denilson may not be leaving... I fully expect protests from fans next season.

Eh is clichy a better defender than Bridge? He's miles better going forward for sure, but City is not lacking in that area lol.

If Nasri's not happy at arsenal, we'll take him. lol

Nah but I get what you're saying. But you guys ain't getting Neymar and Sanchez so...samba will be solid for your back four, but yeah hardly exciting.

• 4 weeks later...

Seems like could be some new big players on European stage this year.

Malaga -51.040.000 £

Santi Cazorla 18.480.000 £

Jérémy Toulalan 9.680.000 £

Joaquín 3.696.000

Nacho Monreal 5.280.000 £

Isco 5.280.000 £

Joris Mathijsen 2.200.000 £

FC Paris Saint-Germain -26.136.000 £

Jérémy Ménez 7.040.000 £

Kévin Gameiro 9.680.000 £

Blaise Matuidi 8.800.000 £

Milan Bisevac 3.080.000 £

Nicolas Douchez free transfer (can't be cheap in wages either)

SSC Napoli -37.620.440 £

Édinson Cavani 14.080.000 £

Blerim Dzemaili 7.920.000 £

Gökhan Inler 15.400.000 £

Miguel Britos 7.920.000 £

AS Roma -24.402.840 £

Érik Lamela 10.560.000 £

Marco Borriello 8.800.000 £

Bojan 10.560.000 £

What's up with of these "new rich" clubs that seems be popping up every year. And where the do all the italian clubs find all that money they from? Juventus have spent -48.444.000 £ so far. I thought they where in financial trouble.

Edited by Dropp
Guest Gary C

Malaga were talking to Adebayor for a while too. He wasn't keen, but it could still happen as no-one else really cares, lol.

Aguero has signed for Man City. He's going to be awesome.

FC Paris Saint-Germain -26.136.000 £

Jérémy Ménez 7.040.000 £

Kévin Gameiro 9.680.000 £

Blaise Matuidi 8.800.000 £

Milan Bisevac 3.080.000 £

Nicolas Douchez free transfer (can't be cheap in wages either)

+

Mohamed Sissoko 6.160.000 £

Salvatore Sirigu 3.080.000 £

And Javier Pastore has pretty much been confirmed.

PSG starts to look like a brilliant team.

personally I'd love to see Sneijder at United too, but I don't think it's gonna happen. Sneijder doesn't want to budge on his wages (which are ridiculous, like 230K squid a week or something along those lines) and his wife doesn't want to leave Milan for Manchester.

Also your lot looked good against inter the other day, especially Silva.