IGNORED

All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

The newest talk is that Newcastle have accepted 35m for Andy Carroll from Liverpool. Stupid amount of money.

At least we'll have plenty of time to spend all that money. Might even hijack the Torres deal, there's no way he'd turn down the chance to partner Lovenkrands.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Torres was never in a helicopter at any point this afternoon, although he is alleged to be talking to Chelsea. Perhaps before they make a formal bid? For shame.

Newcastle rejected the Carroll deal again, maybe waiting 'til they know how much Liverpool can afford to waste.

Like most January Transfer Windows, nothing exciting has actually happened. These things usually happen 24 hours too late, but still magically get made legal. Arshavin? lol.

Guest Dirty Protest

Leicester got Yakubu and Leeds got a reserve keeper from City. Even in the push for promotion Ken Bates is still tight as fuck =(

£35m for Carrol, makes Bent look like the bargain of the century =)

LOL

capturedvd.png

seriously though, Suarez and Carroll will be fucking magic up top together I think. Suarez is 24 and Carroll is what 22? That's youth and enthusiasm, plus Suarez clearly wants to win at any cost - dirty bastard. Carroll played pretty well for England recently, so i don't think any sort of pressure will faze him.

Torres is a piece of shit. I may sound like a fucking butt-hurt liverpool fan but fucking cunt look at these comments from Torres: "It is the dream for every top class footballer to play at a top class club and now I can do that.""

PIECE OF SHIT!!! LAST WEEK YOU WERE PRAISING KENNY AND PLEDGING LOYALTY TO THE CLUB AND SAYING HOW BIG AND SPECIAL WE WERE , I HOPE YOU GET MALARIA FROM DROGBA AND NEVER PLAY AGAIN BECAUSE OF INJURIES FROM DIARRHEA.

Edited by Boxing Day

Torres is a piece of shit. I may sound like a fucking butt-hurt liverpool fan but fucking cunt look at these comments from Torres: "It is the dream for every top class footballer to play at a top class club and now I can do that.""

PIECE OF SHIT!!! LAST WEEK YOU WERE PRAISING KENNY AND PLEDGING LOYALTY TO THE CLUB AND SAYING HOW BIG AND SPECIAL WE WERE , I HOPE YOU GET MALARIA FROM DROGBA AND NEVER PLAY AGAIN BECAUSE OF INJURIES FROM DIARRHEArectal bleeding.

ftfy.

good rant though!

Villa has scored 14 I think for Barca this season, Carroll has scored 11 for Newcastle. Villa went to Barca for something similar to 35 million quid.

I will agree that it is a little bit a case of desperation, but in all honesty, it's not a bad pick up at all for Liverpool.

You lot still need a left back and a couple of fast wing players though..lol

Villa has scored 14 I think for Barca this season, Carroll has scored 11 for Newcastle. Villa went to Barca for something similar to 35 million quid.

I will agree that it is a little bit a case of desperation, but in all honesty, it's not a bad pick up at all for Liverpool.

You lot still need a left back and a couple of fast wing players though..lol

Charlie Adam , Ashley Young , Stewart Downing and Stephen Warnock will most likely sign during the summer transfer window.

Carroll has a lot of talent , and if he scores 17-20 goals a season i will be a very happy fan. He is also young , good for the next 5 years.

Yeah we have paid way over the odds on Carroll for a few reasons

Obvious potential

English + has made his international debut

Already playing at his boyhood club

They knew we needed him

They knew we had at least 50m obviously

Last day of the window

Not good from a bargaining standpoint.

Despite that, i really rate him and i dont think anyone is going to care as long as he is does well. The only way our fans are going to start whinging about the extra money we've paid is if he does really shit and i dont see that happening. We've paid way over the odds though no doubt.

In summary: i think we are in better shape than on January 1st because at that time if we had an injury to Torres we were totally screwed, whereas now we have Suarez and Carroll. It looks a lot healthier in general. What a fucking weird week. Nothing unusual for us.

Actually I would say that you lot knew exactly what you were getting into, and it was not a last minute deal as this little article might prove:

Torres indicates talks had been ongoing for 12 days

can we have a betting pool on how much cheating Suarez will try and get away with? I loved the little bastard for playing goalkeeper in the world cup lol.

Yeah we have paid way over the odds on Carroll for a few reasons

Obvious potential

One of his attributes that sometimes gets overlooked is his work rate, but he's really only discovered this in the past year or so, probably as a byproduct of playing in a close knit team and being given responsibility as the no 9. Like most strikers he's temperamental obviously and will have to be kept happy. A steady supply of scouse slappers will probably do it. I suspect he'll be a success. Worth 35m to Newcastle, but not(yet) worth that much to anyone else. He does sometimes go missing though. For all the talk of him being unplayable he got kicked and elbowed out of the game against Blackburn by Chris Samba. It is however hilarious watching usually composed centre halves shit themselves when they realise they're marking him.

One of the worrying things will be the effect on the squad. Carroll was well liked. The only new face we've brought in (Ireland) is notorious for being a bit of a twat.

Ireland is a bit mad isn't he? He's not Suarez mad, he's like "fuck, someone just tricked me into buying a hovercar" type mad. If he finds his feet in the right system he can probably be one of the best players in the league in his role though.

On Carroll, i noticed he's got a good attitude, definitely. You know he'll rarely get on your tits just because he seems to take the same good mentality into every game. There's nothing you can fault him on really and i cant imagine him being anything other than a success if he can behave himself off field. And as you say, surely every hole can be a goal for someone with his ambition. I'm really glad we've signed him actually, we've had some brilliant Geordie players over the years. So do you reckon Ashley is going to cough up in the summer or do you think he'll be murdered in the night in the meantime?

I'm really glad we've signed him actually, we've had some brilliant Geordie players over the years. So do you reckon Ashley is going to cough up in the summer or do you think he'll be murdered in the night in the meantime?

Yeah alright, don't rub it in. Anyway we've got Kevin Nolan in his prime.

The 35m is going to 'be put back into the club'. Which means transfers and wages. Which is 3 mediocre £5m players plus wages. Which is the minimum a club in our position would be expected to spend in the summer anyway. So no, in effect the fat controller has pocketed the cash. Will be interesting to see the reaction of the fans at Fulham tonight, I'm looking forward to the chants.

Ireland is a bit mad isn't he?

To quote a City fan somewhere:

Technically he's a Rolls Royce footballer - beautiful touch on the ball, but there's no escaping that in five years as a senior pro he's managed one good season for Mark Hughes and it was Hughes who then subsequently dropped him. His self imposed training routine which involved dragging weights up and down the hills around Glossop seemed to become some sort of compulsive behaviour and was overdone to such an extent that he almost collapsed on the pitch at the start of last season in a League Cup tie against Fulham. He was taken straight to hospital and admitted overnight. He never recovered from that.

By the time Mancini arrived he was well outside the first team picture and when given the chance to show what he could do as a substitute, in some important games I might add, he wandered around without any apparent desire to do anything. That didn't stop him slating Mancini last week after having slated Hughes when he was dismissed. Apparently, it's never Stevie's fault. The episode of his undeceased Grannies gives an insight in to his mindset and his frankly bizarre outburst about 'bling' coming from a man with a 'pimp my ride' Range Rover suggests that Mr Ireland is a little deluded.

The training staff at City apparently regarded Ireland as one of the best natural footballers on the playing staff but also as someone unable to handle the pressure on the pitch. That is why he was allowed to leave. He had a wonderful 2008-9 season but instead of showing some of the same last season he went to pieces. I am far from certain that he'll hold down a place at Villa.

I hope he gets back to his best, it's a real shame but it's true that there's nobody else to blame for that

• 2 months later...

Neuer's not going anywhere. Plus he's well over 16, which I think is Arsene's limit?

I'd drop all of those except arshavin, just cause of his legendary Q+A sessions.

If we don't get Neuer (which is very unlikely i most admit) there's also been rumors about Wenger wants to sign Al-Habsi.. I know he isn't as high profile as neuer, but he's been one of the best keepers in PL this season. So that wouldn't be terrible either.

Edited by Dropp
Guest Gary C

It's really quite damning that we have so many players that need to be flogged.

Denilson, Arshavin, Diaby, Almunia, Squillaci, Eboue, Rosicky, Bendtner.

I only think Denilson, Almunia, Arshavin and Bendtner will leave out of that lot though... and Bendtner probably just on loan.

I can still see Cesc going this season too, so we'll need to make a big marquee signing after that. We've got enough strikers.

Hopefully Vela will come back a better player and get ahead of Arshavin on the left. Nasri in the middle. Walcott needs some competition on the right, and Ryo Miyaichi excites me.

• 1 month later...
Guest Gary C

Oh, so the merry-go-round has begun.

Alexis Sanchez to Man City?

Aguero to Man City or Chelsea?

Neymar and Lukaku to Chelsea?

Berbashit to Shitzakistan?

Arshavock to Cocklackibob?

Fabrecunt to Leavemy'barcelona?