IGNORED

All things transfer and rumour related

Guest Alex C

Guest Gary C

Giroud to Arsenal confirmed. Older than Bendtner so hopefully more consistent, and stronger than Chamakh so hopefully more adaptable.

The rumour going around that Drogba has a clause with his Chinese club that he can leave whenever Barca come knocking is obviously bollocks, though.

• Replies 601
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And now the rumours can start flying!!!

Moutinho to Spurs! (or United)

M'Vila not going to Arsenal because he's a whiny bitch.

RVP on the market?

Guest Gary C

Yeah, I'd say M'Vila to Arsenal is off. He's been getting too close to Nasri. So, he'll probably go to Man City. He'd be a great understudy to Toure and De Jong actually.

Arsenal could do with a (sub) keeper and, if RVP goes, a marquee attacking midfielder. We've got some exciting young player coming through, as usual.

Guest Mirezzi

RVP officially gone. Fuck him. I suspect he'll never find the form or injury-free stretch he enjoyed this season and Arsenal will be better off without such an arrogant twat.

Hope he goes to a continental club and not Citeh or Chelsea. Imagine the fireworks of having RVP and CR7 on the pitch at the same time. The sheer weight of the egos might cause the Bernabeu to become airborne.

In retrospect, the writing was on the wall when Wenger signed two strikers. Podolski will be a beast for Arsenal this season.

Guest Gary C

As much as I agree with RvP that he might have better opportunities to win things elsewhere, I am a little miffed that he's made such a statement. Like YO303 said, it's going to take down any possible transfer fee we would receive because some teams would at least feign to be willing to let him ride out his last year and get him for free. Unfortunately, it means only stupidly rich clubs (like Citeh) will be willing to pay us a generous sum. And I really don't want him going to Citeh. Elsewhere in Europe, please.

I think his intentions were probably good in making such a statement. It's strange, and self-concerned, but I think he wanted to make things clearer lest Arsenal refuse to admit that they're losing their best player like last season. It really fucked us over being in a limbo over Cesc and Nasri for so long.

But yeah, he's fucked us a bit for the price. So I hope he goes to Europe... and I hope he gets injured again, lol.

Podolski is very capable of being class, but I wouldn't say he's a dead cert. He could become another Arshavin. Unlikely, but there are elements to his game and mentality which means he could disappear if things turn sour.

I'm personally Giroud can surpass his timid-hype and become a real competitor... and quickly. We're kind of fucked, obviously.

RvP single-handedly dragged Arsenal out of a very dicey position last season, and I just don't see anybody else capable of doing it again if required. It's a little too much to expect Podolski and Giroud to dominate within their first season. I hope they do well, but they'll never compare to RvP last season.

Vermaelen has heart, he'll be a good captain. Koscielny is class. But elsewhere I just don't see the magic to get us through tough games and shoot us up the league.

I hope Walcott gets the chance to play more centrally (although there's no guarantee that he's not leaving next), Chamberlain will be exciting, Ramsey needs to step-up and Wilshere's return will be like signing a new player.

Guest Mirezzi

...and I hope he gets injured again, lol.

That was a magnificent post, but forgive me while I sum up with the highlight above. :diablo:

Guest Gary C

I can't see much in way of official news. But Arsenal might have signed Afellay from Barcelona.

Arsenal

On 11 July 2012, Arsenal and FC Barcelona came to terms regarding the transfer of Afellay to the Gunners side in July 2012. Afellay travelled to Emirates on 10 July 2010 for a medical to finalize the deal. The fee was reported to be around 7 million.

Not sure about the kid, but it's a good sign that we're trying to bring people in.

Guest Gary C

I can't find any decent news about it though. I guess someone was editing his wiki too early. Supposedly he's been linked with Spurs and Lille.

Berlusconi has confirmed that Milan has sold Ibrahimovic and Tiago Silva to PSG.

fucking lol.

They have a good side PSG, they are doing what Man City did (building a fantasy football team with Arab money)

Guest Gary C

Damn, who are Milan gonna buy to replace them?

Maybe Carroll on loan isn't such a crazy notion now. Maybe Modric will fuck over Chelsea and United.

Berlusconi has confirmed that Milan has sold Ibrahimovic and Tiago Silva to PSG.

For 51.6 million pounds!!!!!!

Modric was never coming to United. Instead we're signing...

Leighton Baines? :facepalm:

Guest Gary C

Oscar to Chelsea is still on-off. He's in London for the Olympics, presumably going to have a medical.

Dempsey is a pretty safe signing for Liverpool. No baggage or hype.

One of the more fun rumours I've read today:

Note: The new Watford manager Gianfranco Zola want to pick up the Italian legends 38-year-old Filipo Inzaghi and 37-year-old Alessandro Del Piero to the club. They are both without a contract.

One of the more fun rumours I've read today:

Note: The new Watford manager Gianfranco Zola want to pick up the Italian legends 38-year-old Filipo Inzaghi and 37-year-old Alessandro Del Piero to the club. They are both without a contract.

That would be amazing.