IGNORED

Favorite movies from your childhood

Guest Drahken

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Drahken

Oh shit. I just saw the Topic Description of this thread for the first time.

Damn iPhones don't show the topic descriptions.

No sweat, like you if I hadn't limited myself to 5 or so I'd have a page long list. Secretly that is what I was hoping to achieve here, a good jolt to the memory banks of movies I loved, but haven't watched in ages or forgot about.

Guest disparaissant

i don't WANT to watch most of these i mean yeah i remember them being awesome but have you tried to watch strawberry shortcake recently? the old one? that show is fucking terrible now and my memories of it were ruined by how bad it really was.

Guest analogue wings

Watch Out, We're Mad

Banana Joe

Who Finds a Friend Finds Treasure

Spider-Man: The Dragon's Challenge

Megaforce

:facepalm:

Guest analogue wings

i don't WANT to watch most of these i mean yeah i remember them being awesome but have you tried to watch strawberry shortcake recently? the old one? that show is fucking terrible now and my memories of it were ruined by how bad it really was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIISe2LgfD0

Yeah I remember there being somewhat less ebonics

Ghostbusters is probably #1. That's got to be my only certain #1 for anything.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Batman

Flight of the Navigator

Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Goonies

GI Joe

Transformers

Beetlejuice

The Dark Chrystal

Willow

Neverending Story

I kind of want to watch all of these back to back now...

Guest theSun

space jam

liar liar

monty python and the holy grail

star trek V (for some reason...)

the longest day

nice. forgot about the star trek films, i used to watch those quite a lot. ah episode v, shatner's first movie...

naw it was the 5th

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098382/

lol rated 5 on imdb. fitting, it really wasn't a good movie. i think i just liked spocks jet boots.

edit- also star trek iv scared me

Pre-12 years old favorites:

-Star Wars (IV-VI, though it pains me to implicitly acknowledge the existence of the others).

-Raiders of the Lost Ark/Temple of Doom

-Star Trek I-VI (as above; but V was always shit)

-Close Encounters of the Third Kind

-Flight of the Navigator

-The Secret of NIMH

-20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (Kirk Douglas/James Mason)

-My mom took me to the Abyss when I was little (she had seen it and thought the budding marine biologist in me might like it) and I remember she tried to cover my eyes when the crab crawls out of the drowned corpse's mouth; she's so cute. Anyway, that left a big impression.

-I also remember being delighted/traumatized by the Brave Little Toaster, which was Dark As Fuck for a 7 year old.

-Was probably 10-11 when I was allowed to watch Alien and Aliens, and they were the Greatest Things Ever at the time (mom did not approve even though she loves them herself, but lol divorce).

edit: that reminds me; way before I'd seen the Alien movies, there was an SFX exhibit at the Museum of Science in Boston that had a mock up of the Queen to demonstrate green screen use or something, and it traumatized the ever-living fuck out of me for a year. I remember I had a skylight window in my room at the time, and I'd stare up at it from bed every fucking night expecting Her to be looking down at me. Good times. My mom was probably right to be a little strict, as I was a fragile, imaginative little thing.

Guest theSun

this thread is going to make me rewatch star trek 1-6. i just acquired a vhs player so i raided my parents tape collection and have been watching all my childhood favorites.

anyone ever see the movie "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead"? that was the coolest movie ever to me growing up but going back was pretty weird.

-Star Trek I-VI (as above; but V was always shit)

dude. jet boots.

Don't climb El Capitan without 'em.

Edit: I loved V when I was little, but it's hard to rewatch now, unlike all the others (granted, the Motion Picture only requires about one viewing per decade).

anyone ever see the movie "Don't Tell Mom the Babysitter's Dead"? that was the coolest movie ever to me growing up but going back was pretty weird.

Yeah it was always on cable, always. I've watched it more times than I care to admit.

1. Close Encounters of The Third Kind (first version)

2. The Empire Strikes Back (before it became known as Episode V)

3. Dune

Spider-Man: The Dragon's Challenge

wtf, never thought anyone else would come up with that one. I remember feeling a little upset when he got twatted over and was unmasked in that.

superman 2 is on tv right now....this was definitely a favourite...

Same here, fucking ace film.

Transformers (I'm surprised this didn't feature more in this thread)

The Jetsons Movie

Asterix Vs Caesar

The rest are more obvious like Star Wars, Toy Story, Lion King etc. I was very protected as a child so I didn't see things like Terminator, Jurassic Park or even milder ones like Labyrinth till I was a teenager.

Home Alone

Ace Ventura Pet Detective

Big Trouble in Little China

Demolition Man

Last Action Hero

Bloodsport

Escape from L.A.

Predator 2

Double Impact

Above The Law

Total Recall

Under Siege

Cobra

Basically I liked any shitty (most of them are shit) action flick I saw, or anything with martial arts. I used to rent a lot of old martial arts flicks, but I can't remember what the fuck any of them were called.

Archived