IGNORED

Share With Me Your Sleep Deprivation Experiences

oyster

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Super lurker ultra V12

I managed to stay awake for about 36 hours a few weeks ago, couldn't go any further because I walked past my bed and decided to sleep.

Guest disparaissant

have any of you insomniacs tried melatonin? i usually take an hour+ to go to sleep but when i take that stuff im out in 10 minutes.

i dont take it any more though cause it gives me nightmares..

i have. it doesn't really work for me. but then, neither did ambien, so w/e.

Probably a little under 48 hours. I have a fucked sleeping schedule, pretty much all the time, so I try to stay up longer to "fix" it. This works sometimes. I usually see "shadow people" which is just my eyes playing tricks. I've heard sounds loop, my name being said, weird sounds and noises ect.

Guest ansgaria

Probably a little under 48 hours. I have a fucked sleeping schedule, pretty much all the time, so I try to stay up longer to "fix" it. This works sometimes. I usually see "shadow people" which is just my eyes playing tricks. I've heard sounds loop, my name being said, weird sounds and noises ect.

Those things are fucking scary.

Not too long ago I sat in front of the computer having been up for fuck knows how long. I had worked all day for two days straight and been drinking inbetween. I just wouldn't go to sleep, and I glanced at the wall where my Oversteps poster hangs and I jump back in the chair. I saw the black shape as a hole and in matter of seconds it grew huge and felt like it was coming right at me.

Guest inteeliguntdesign

I sometimes see "people" in the corner of my eye even when I havent been up that long. Its more like something moving and I think someones there.

"shadow people" in my peripheral vision.

I've not not slept for over 48, but I've had shadow people in my peripheral vision before when really tired. They're really unpleasant.

Guest happycase

I was in high school and I did 5 days with the aid of 48 ounces of coffee every morning before school and after as well.

I was nodding in and out of micro-sleep every few seconds. I'd get to my first class and have no recollection of driving myself and four others to school. Then I'd have no idea how I got to my second class, etc.

When you're at 3 days, you're sleeping half the day, anyway. I'm pretty sure I went into REM a few times without becoming unconscious of my environment. But for some reason it isnt' nourishing.

As for hallucinating and whatnot, I was completely beyond registering anything that was happening in my experience. Some other entity was living my life.

Guest happycase

have any of you insomniacs tried melatonin? i usually take an hour+ to go to sleep but when i take that stuff im out in 10 minutes.

i dont take it any more though cause it gives me nightmares..

I took melatonin the last two nights. I spent the evening in a pinball machine in las vegas. I was strapped to a roulette board by spaghetti, the X-men were having a battle with robots and a witch was selling burnt sausages. It was the most colorful thing.

It mostly sounds like people here have accidentally stayed up a little too long. No conscious intentions never to sleep again?

Guest abusivegeorge

167 hours. The very first time I withdrew from alcohol after 7 years of drinking non stop every single day. 9 hours in I started to hallucinate, I was seeing spiders covering my bed, mice on the ceiling, and I could hear them too. After about 36 hours everything in my room started to walk on stilts and all I could hear was a wasp in my bedroom, it was of course all in my head, but that fucking wasp stayed with me until the end of those 167 hours when I finally fell asleep. Of course these were withdrawal hallucinations which then started to couple with sleep deprivation hallucinations after 2 or 3 days. I could not even close my eyes, as soon as my eyelids shut, I would immediately hyper ventilate, like I had NO control over it, I simply could not shut my eyes, it's as if my body was scared to shut down and would go into some sort of shock to make me open my eyes again.

I'm not sure how long 167 hours is but I'm sure is was about 6 or 7 days.

167 hours. The very first time I withdrew from alcohol after 7 years of drinking non stop every single day. 9 hours in I started to hallucinate, I was seeing spiders covering my bed, mice on the ceiling, and I could hear them too. After about 36 hours everything in my room started to walk on stilts and all I could hear was a wasp in my bedroom, it was of course all in my head, but that fucking wasp stayed with me until the end of those 167 hours when I finally fell asleep. Of course these were withdrawal hallucinations which then started to couple with sleep deprivation hallucinations after 2 or 3 days. I could not even close my eyes, as soon as my eyelids shut, I would immediately hyper ventilate, like I had NO control over it, I simply could not shut my eyes, it's as if my body was scared to shut down and would go into some sort of shock to make me open my eyes again.

Holy glass nipples that is a long time to go without any sleep George, my boy!

Guest happycase

i think you've seen the truth. i don't really know what to do about it. i still feel pretty awkward about it. it isn't extremely hip and that's what i care about right now. i need a baby and some money.

Jesus, that is incredible will power!

Guest abusivegeorge

I was graced with the knowledge that I knew I was hallucinating, I'd heard of such things in the rooms of AA, when people went cold turkey after years of drinking. So I knew this was all fake, but yeah it was pretty disturbing, I had people with me too, I got threw it, basically, because I didn't have the choice not to.

• 2 months later...

I'm at 41.5 hours right now, so far I still feel pretty normal. It's kind of disappointing actually. I should be fucking dreaming with my eyes open right now, but I'm just moderately tired, no hallucinations, no weird thoughts, nothing. I'm pleased I can still function this well on so little sleep, but I'd rather be trippin' balls.

yeah but it's open up on carrot, so it's surgery on the remainding 14 of them zephyr

after all hyper-gloving it's caffeine that it's nothing upwards of. Look in the hyper-glove threads.

My days of sleep dep thus far have consisted of one recording session, one band jam, one death metal concert, and one after party.

If you're consisted of that and just make sure you feel normal afterwards. So nothing should be numbered here if that makes sense. It wont make sense if you're asleep but you have been awake and you feel normal afterwards. Just number it and have a lie down.

Four days...could have been more, I kinda lost count after four.

I went through a period of staying awake because I didnt wanna have nightmares.I found the only way I could make sure I didnt was falling into a deep sleep through sheer exhaustion.Thing is,I suffered from 'exploding head syndrome' which meant that everytime I dropped off or was about to I heard this huge explosion like I was in the centre of a bomb or something.Hard to explain.Also after the first two nights Id start to see things.Third night would bring audio hallucinations.Id hear whispering and kind of slithering noises.

Today my sleep pattern is pretty erratic.I can sleep heavily for three hours then Im wide awake.If I stay in bed and try to get back to sleep Ill end up waking every hour (give or take ten minutes)until morning.

Archived