IGNORED

Hipster art

Guest MaxChewie

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what is with this site's obsession with hipsters? this is just art, and really really shit art at that.

Look at the crowd...now tell me, what did you see?

a crowd of mostly young people who're probably also in artschool

Here's my issue: I spent most of my young life in art schools (6th grade through college) and usually the more hipster/weirdo dressed kids were fucking art school posers who did this kind of shit. From my experience, the good artists weren't concerned about how they dressed and focused mostly on their art; and they dressed like regular people.

me too, and you're right in my experience too... but looking at that crowd i don't see anything too abnormal. maybe 1 or 2 people expressing themselves through their appearance, most look fairly run of the mill student types.

dude its like 80% hipsters wtf u on about

Thank you

Guest Lube Saibot

"I tried to cut myself with a toothbrush last night. Didn't work."

Surely that's a parody!? Either way it's fucking hilarous!

I'm thinking myself it was. Can never be sure with these things though. DreadOG turned out to be real etc. Either way, it's so IN B4 to everything the poo in vagina slut said. Not outgrowing middle school rebellion is always fucking funny though.

Guest Gary C

I hope that the can was the entire centerpiece and that she realised her performance wasn't good enough and so just tacked on some shocking shit she thought would adhere herself to her target audience.

what is with this site's obsession with hipsters? this is just art, and really really shit art at that.

Look at the crowd...now tell me, what did you see?

a crowd of mostly young people who're probably also in artschool

Here's my issue: I spent most of my young life in art schools (6th grade through college) and usually the more hipster/weirdo dressed kids were fucking art school posers who did this kind of shit. From my experience, the good artists weren't concerned about how they dressed and focused mostly on their art; and they dressed like regular people.

me too, and you're right in my experience too... but looking at that crowd i don't see anything too abnormal. maybe 1 or 2 people expressing themselves through their appearance, most look fairly run of the mill student types.

dude its like 80% hipsters wtf u on about

You would know you wannabe hipster fag.

chill, anyone in bad 80's reference revival clothes is probably a hipster. anyone with an hipster haircut is probably a hipster. anyone who applauded at the end is totally an hipster.

Where's the pussy smearing btw, i must have skimmed past it. oh well never mind.

chill, anyone in bad 80's reference revival clothes is probably a hipster. anyone with an hipster haircut is probably a hipster. anyone who applauded at the end is totally an hipster.

Where's the pussy smearing btw, i must have skimmed past it. oh well never mind.

oh no you totally need to watch it again!

it's the most artful pussy smearing i've ever witnessed and i've seen lots of pussy smearing in my time.

oh, ok. the contrast is up too high for me to see any flange. I suppose i could have watched it on youtube in full screen but whatever. And yeah, those are just uni kids, but still they are there to be ridiculed, it is our right.

this is the part of art galleries where i walk out... i show up, eat some finger foods they have, check out some art, mingle with artists and talk about their pieces, listen to some musics, then when they start with some performance art, spoken word bullshit, i go outside and wait for that shit to end... or just leave.

her life just got a lot worse, lol: http://encyclopediadramatica.com/Spaghettios

edit/reads: or not.

lol... i read some of it. "talented cameraman" made me lol. i was once standing in the back when someone was doing something like this (i don't know what they were doing cuz i wasn't paying attention). me and a friend were talking back there and the curator came up to us and told us to keep our voices down... i then told him "give the bitch a microphone" and walked out (i was in my early 20s).

a friend of mine who's an emcee was having a performance once at this art gallery and i was like "cool!" so i show up and there's no sound system and i was like "WTF?" then i find out that it was an acapella performance... i left.

tbh it would have been better if it was just 10 minutes of her fumbling with a can opener. a statement about 'kids these days', perhaps. lol/zole.

lol how did the audience stay silent? it's like they were all dedicated to respect this super subversive form of post-modern art lol

and that was nihilism spewing out of her vagina not spaghettios

Archived