IGNORED

What do you guys think of Animal Collective's...

Guest ComicMaster

Guest ComicMaster

http://ejfox.com/recordings/2010/080101-002%202.mp3

I'm curious, because I think its quite good and really creates an atmosphere that can be sensed even in the bootleg's quality. Does this make you have more or less respect for the band? And on that note, what do you think of something like Hollinndagain or Campfire Songs -- two of the more experimental releases by the band?

Guest ComicMaster

I guess I'm just not really sure what people here think of Animal Collective. I personally think they are one of the best active bands out right now, but I know so many internet forums hate the crap out of them. I'm not really sure how a predominately experimental music community would interpret their music.

And yeah I was actually at that Transverse Temporal Gyrus event. It was fucking amazing and this bootleg is taking me back even though it has about 5000 less speakers than that night did.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I haven't heard transverse temporal gyrus. I love campfire songs, but I'm not that fond of hollinndagain. the first thing I heard of animal collective was the double cd of spirit/danse manatee, which I instantly fell in love with. this was when feels was their latest album, so that was the next album I got from them. oh, and I got into them due to the planet mu forum, which sadly, no longer exists. :sad:

• 4 months later...

ya exactly. its like when something gets really popular with the trendy kids its all of a sudden labeled as crap. cause ohhh i cant be associated with something THEY listen to.

fuck that shit.

its not like all of a sudden when ac makes an album that sells good they are 'pandering' to a demographic. theyve been making music for 10 years and their style has changed with every release and its going to continue changing to how they please regardless of who is listening.

most watmmers think like that, if hipsters like it, they don't!

i've post hipster stuff before and i got flamed, not because of the music, but mainly because the guys who make it dress like hipsters

fucktwats

i used to be like that, but i was a stupid kid, i loved SOAD but i didn't like the guys because they didn't dress large clothes like skaters... just like the deftones. :childish:

how kind of you to speak for all of us.

i've been here a long time baby, i know what i'm saying

and stop quoting my stuff, that's annoying, at first it was ok, but now it just sounds rubbish and make me believe you have some kinda of existential problem, and i don't know if i should feel pity for you or tell you to fuck off

I was initially turned off by all the noise, particularly the high frequencies in spirit they're gone. also their rabid fans didn't help but that wasn't too big a deal for me. I also hated the fact that they are pretty much a studio band only as their voices live are pretty much awful especially when they are jumping around like crazy while "playing" samplers.

eventually I really started to enjoy a lot of strawberry jam and then went back and rediscovered feels and truely loved it. when mpp came out, I was floored by the combo of song writing and production. every song was catchy and bright but the beats were big and punchy. so after that I really dug them a lot.

oddsac contains some of the best stuff they have done yet, mr fingers in particular. the new avey record is good and the new panda will be really nice when (if ever) it comes out. they are really firing on all cylinders right now and it's very exciting.

how kind of you to speak for all of us.

i've been here a long time baby, i know what i'm saying

i know baby beatoven/bEAST sLICER :facepalm:

i'm here as long. it's not a competition

and stop quoting my stuff, that's annoying, at first it was ok, but now it just sounds rubbish and make me believe you have some kinda of existential problem, and i don't know if i should feel pity for you or tell you to fuck off

you keep saying stupid shit, i'll keep quoting it.

it's not a competition

that just proved what i was thinking, that kind of answer, thinking that in some way i was measuring the times we've been here. shame on you

i'm stupid PERIOD

don't you have anything better to do, i don't go around quoting your threads do i??? fuck me

wtf internet's psychos

I was initially turned off by all the noise, particularly the high frequencies in spirit they're gone. also their rabid fans didn't help but that wasn't too big a deal for me. I also hated the fact that they are pretty much a studio band only as their voices live are pretty much awful especially when they are jumping around like crazy while "playing" samplers.

eventually I really started to enjoy a lot of strawberry jam and then went back and rediscovered feels and truely loved it. when mpp came out, I was floored by the combo of song writing and production. every song was catchy and bright but the beats were big and punchy. so after that I really dug them a lot.

oddsac contains some of the best stuff they have done yet, mr fingers in particular. the new avey record is good and the new panda will be really nice when (if ever) it comes out. they are really firing on all cylinders right now and it's very exciting.

they dont jump around on stage lol

and their voices are perfectly fine live imo. all musicians sound better in the studio

but ya the high frequencies are a bit grating. probly why i mostly only listen to sung tongs and beyond

fall be kind is my favorite release by them. i like parts of sung tongs and pieces of other albums, but for the most part, i dislike the animal collective sound. i find it too grating, both in terms of vocals and the instrumentation.

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

<-- big ac fan but no idea what this thing you posted about is

been a fan since campfire songs. cannot seem to enjoy anything before that album though

AC will always mean Anal Cunt to me... but AnCo are pretty good, although my favourite release of theirs is the ep they did with vashti bunyan which most of my pals can't stand. c'est la vie.

feels comes close... that's a phenomenal album.

Archived