IGNORED

Black Swan

oscillik

• 2 years later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i've watched this film most recently, for the third time. its coarse grain and tense, brittle frigidity providing the maximum emotional tension stress. aurally and visually immaculate, a truly inspiring piece of art. aronofsky is incredibly good

Yeah, this film caused very strong emotion, and tension inside me when I saw it. I at least appreciate that element. If upon multiple viewings, it doesn't hold up to critical review, then that is a separate discussion in my opinion.

I liked it, but Portman's 'startled deer worry face' is doing my head in. (tried to post a picture but watmm hates me)

It's good to have a different storyline that has undertones of a deep cause etc.

I've only watched it once, that was enough for me..

I liked it, but Portman's 'startled deer worry face' is doing my head in. (tried to post a picture but watmm hates me)

It's good to have a different storyline that has undertones of a deep cause etc.

Just FYI you hotlink pics, no need to upload etc. So you should find the desired pic you wish to post, right-click to find the image URL and then paste that URL into the appropriate field in the add image thing (pic logo thing above the text box area when you are composing a post).

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are unable to work this out. Come on people!

This is such a brilliant film. I didn't think I'd like it because I find ballet completely inaccesible as a art form, but it was great.

Darren Aronofsky is amazing. Natalie Portman really acted her little socks off and I was very impressed.

Just FYI you hotlink pics, no need to upload etc. So you should find the desired pic you wish to post, right-click to find the image URL and then paste that URL into the appropriate field in the add image thing (pic logo thing above the text box area when you are composing a post).

It never ceases to amaze me how many people are unable to work this out. Come on people!

That's what I did but every image said that 'this extension cannot be used in this forum' I used the actual pic url not the google extension.

It usually works but my account has been a bit odd of recent.

That's what I did but every image said that 'this extension cannot be used in this forum' I used the actual pic url not the google extension.

It usually works but my account has been a bit odd of recent.

Ah, I see... In that case it probably wasn't a jpeg, gif or. png image then, in.which case, no it won't work...sometimes though you just have to look through the URL to find where to "cut" it as it were... Sometimes a jpeg image might have a URL like www.imagewhatever.jpeg.3/userbin\extension blah blah (obviously not a real address) and it doesn't seem to want to upload...all you need to do is trim the URL so it ends with .jpeg - just delete all the shit after the .jpeg bit. Doesn't always work but worth knowing...

Once again it's because the new posting mode is buggy as bollocks - I do everything in the old BBCode Mode (occasionally clicking to the new one for adding smileys) and it's never given me problems (aside from a few months ago when an update temporarily broke this old mode). Slightly different tags you have to use on this new version though. Before it was

[ img ] URL of picture [ /img ]

but now it's:

[img =URL of picture ]

(though without any spaces in the img tags obviously!)

The soundtrack is amazing (yes I know it's mostly re-workings of Tchaikovsky.) I love this one, especially :53-1:16... :

I should watch this film again, it really is a great psychological horror.

Guest the anonymous forumite

loved it, some cringeworthy scenes here and there (the lesbian scene for instance), but aesthetically superb and well-acted in general. The ending scene is cinema at its best.

Anyone else thinks that the intro scene (the ballerina dancing) is a rip off from Inland Empire's ballerina shots ?

Guest the anonymous forumite

I can't even remember any ballerina dancers in INLAND EMPIRE - which is shocking as I've probably seen it a dozen times !

There is a short dreamy sequence with a ballerina...You can watch the uncut sequence on the dvd's extras....

I can't even remember any ballerina dancers in INLAND EMPIRE - which is shocking as I've probably seen it a dozen times !

There is a short dreamy sequence with a ballerina...You can watch the uncut sequence on the dvd's extras....

I thought it was an homage to a sequence in Stanley Kubrick's Killer's Kiss... http://youtu.be/a38w2vOcIgU

So they were both copying Kubrick actually.

i thought they dropped him?

he was signed on for the batman reboot before they dropped him and nolan took it over.

from what I've read, he dropped RoboCop so he could do Noah

Archived