IGNORED

Internet Dating

Rubin Farr

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 10 months later...
Guest viscosity

can i revive this thread from yesteryear? anyone utilize one of these websites with any degree of success? I feel pathetic just having it open. dating is such a shitty process, why are we programmed towards propagation and why has it taken such a sterile route of percentages and matchmaking statistics

where's the romance.. fml someone make me feel not alone

Yeah i never had any success with it. Made a friend but that's about it. I'm just not good with first impressions, i guess. Although, in retrospect every 'date' i went on was just at a quiet pub and not something that really inspired conversation. Maybe if i'm a sucker i'll reopen my profile and suggest some more arty/interesting date scenarios.

Guest viscosity

maybe it's not such a shitty process, my brain just feels the necessity to make everything complicated and ruminate about every freak'n detail. eh I met a cute girl, hope she likes me

I don't feel internet dating completely right. I imagine it as kind of unromantic indeed. But that could be because I'm still very close to my recently finished studies and was so far living in a context in which I meet a lot of people.

Also I recently read a philosophy / economy book telling how our modern world tends to make us being all like "connected" neurones of a gigantic wolrd-wide net and this books and thoughts are growing on me a lot these times ; In that perspective I now tend to see internet dating as that network process applied to love relations and I find that kinda scary.

But I don't know, love relations are important and keeps you up so I can definitely understand subscriptions to such sites. Maybe my point on view will change for it in some years

Guest viscosity

yeah i dunno, it just feels kind of disconnected. like i'm taking some crap shoot or advertising myself for potential mates. makes me feel a bit weird thinking about it. granted attraction and 'love' are all just chems firing up in your brain nodes, but i there's something about the context of it all, time and place that makes it a sentimental and more human emotion

Guest abusivegeorge

Met my current girlfriend over xbox live. We talk and text on the phone, we chat on my PC, webcam chats, skype etc. I am heading to the states in September to stay with her. Yay for me.

Met my current girlfriend over xbox live. We talk and text on the phone, we chat on my PC, webcam chats, skype etc. I am heading to the states in September to stay with her. Yay for me.

Yeah see, i can understand things like that—i've met a couple of my previous girlfriends through livejournal and icq etc in the past. I guess the whole internet dating thing puts too much pressure on people to make good first impressions? I dunno.

i'm friends with all of the people i've met through online dating. but i don't want to date any of them. some of the girls become clingy and it's weird. the girl i'm diggin' on, though, i met in real life. she just lives forever away across canada which is fucking shit.

Guest viscosity

yeah my head is fucked. sometimes I see a cute girl and i just want to populate her tummy with my babies and live happily ever after. is that so wrong?

some really disturbing over weight gross looking chick emailed my friend after contact with him over POF. my response when i saw the pic was a look of disgust like when the two guys in the windowlicker music video see

b831448c2b1dcaccc5075b49081ea67a.jpg

my god. he wouldn't give me the pic to share ... felt it would be bad morals or something.

i'm friends with all of the people i've met through online dating. but i don't want to date any of them. some of the girls become clingy and it's weird. the girl i'm diggin' on, though, i met in real life. she just lives forever away across canada which is fucking shit.

I should note that I met this chick years ago and we've been friends for ever. she just recently moved to ontario because she is a bitch.

Guest futuregirlfriend

reactivated my okc account and was about to deactivate again after a few days but i spotted a nice girl and sent her a message. ate some pizza and checked the museum, next date a stroll around the park, third date some films and sex. forgot to say "it's working." probably a good thing too. even had the interrogation meeting with friends two weeks later. i was surprised how nervous i was meeting her for the first time, also surprised that despite the nerves i managed to make her laugh. third date was really surreal but good. not wasting that material on the internet, it's going in my memoirs or a film script. she's very nice and everything but there's a lot going on with her plus she'll be moving away in a few months. a little bit bummed out about it all but accepting. in the time i didn't see her over christmas i realised there was something not clicking that i'd been trying to ignore before. i'll be seeing more of her but not in a "it's about time you met my mum" sort of way. it's ok though i'd feel worse if it got serious and pow! she's living miles away. couldn't deal with just the phone/internet and visiting once a month.

slowly and naturally falling for someone that you see about feels better. i might give okc another look in the summer though. picking ladies from an online lady catalogue is easier than finding nice girls elsewhere, here at least.

been dating my online romance partner for 2 1/2 years now. it is definitely possible to find love online. you just have to be open-minded and mature enough to recognize that similar interests and compatible personalities are important in a partner, not just wanting to "populate her tummy with my babies," jesus christ my uterus retched when i read that.

Guest abusivegeorge

Yeah see, i can understand things like that—i've met a couple of my previous girlfriends through livejournal and icq etc in the past. I guess the whole internet dating thing puts too much pressure on people to make good first impressions? I dunno.

I don't know, I've always been a what you see is what you get to be honest. When I met the girl I'm now dating I never once though we'd end up in a relationship, she was married. So there was no pressure at all to make any good first impressions.

some really disturbing over weight gross looking chick emailed my friend after contact with him over POF. my response when i saw the pic was a look of disgust like when the two guys in the windowlicker music video see

b831448c2b1dcaccc5075b49081ea67a.jpg

my god. he wouldn't give me the pic to share ... felt it would be bad morals or something.

oh and she told him she loved him... what?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest viscosity

girl i met off cupid likes crystal castles which is goooood. she also digs sebastian which is greeaat.

still, I think there should be more parallels with then just music.... intrigued though. I wanna meet girls that like boc/autechre. do they even exist?

Archived