IGNORED

Gueuze beer

impakt

Ok. I thought I was pretty experienced in the world of beer, but I just had a bottle of Cantillon Gueuze Beer and I was wrong. This stuff tastes so strange and different from anything I've had before. I don't know if I like it or not. It's too fruity, I think. I usually like it dark a malty, but this is sour and fruity. Hmm.

379cantillongueuze.jpg

Welcome to the wonderfully open world of wild ales... probably my favorite genre of brew. Open fermentation with top fermenting yeasts. If you dig it... grab a flanders red if you can find one.

Welcome to the wonderfully open world of wild ales... probably my favorite genre of brew. Open fermentation with top fermenting yeasts. If you dig it... grab a flanders red if you can find one.

This.

Also, are gueuze and lambic the same thing?

Not really the same thing... lambic refers to the type of yeasts these beers use and the way they ferment.... usually open.

This.

Not really the same thing... lambic refers to the type of yeasts these beers use and the way they ferment.... usually open.

Ooooh. Fuck this shit, going to liquor store. Trying my first canadian beer

One of my favorites!

4137297470_2b37e59540.jpg

I can't stand these... they are overbearing and hide everything that makes it a beer. They don't seem to have a backbone.

This.

Gueuze is blend of young and old (2-3 year) lambics, bottled for secondary fermentation.

Get your tart's drinks out of this thread.

There are other gueuzes out there, but Cantillon is a very good one. Not sure what bottle that is, in the UK the label is a small boy pissing. Boon Gueuze is fairly easy to pick up outside Belgium, but it's really inconsistent, however with the right bottle it's even more gueuze-y than Cantillon.

edit: I meant tart's drink in the generic sense, I wasn't calling your wife a tart.

Get your tart's drinks out of this thread.

There are other gueuzes out there, but Cantillon is a very good one. Not sure what bottle that is, in the UK the label is a small boy pissing. Boon Gueuze is fairly easy to pick up outside Belgium, but it's really inconsistent, however with the right bottle it's even more gueuze-y than Cantillon.

edit: I meant tart's drink in the generic sense, I wasn't calling your wife a tart.

Yeah, it's just a different looking label. My bottle was from 2008.

Some sour beers (like Ommegang 'Zuur') or fruity beers (like the new, peach-flavored Dogfish Head) are just way too sour for me; I can't even enjoy a whole glass without puckering up like your little brother's anus before I pounded him face-first into his eleventh birthday cake. This might be because what I like in beer is a lot of intense, smoky & roasted malt sweetness and bitter hops.

But I did try Bockor's Cuvée des Jacobins, and it was fucking sexy -- like if Monica Bellucci's pussy were a beer. Fuck. -- anything else like that you would recommend?

Archived