IGNORED

STOP THE MOSQUE AT GROUND ZERO

awepittance

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the problem is al queda isn't as tangible as many people make it out to be, it's not like the tamil tigers or Hezbollah. Al Queda is the name america gave to the organization that attempted to bomb the world trade center in 1993. The only way they could convict bin laden and other supposed co-conspirators was to use the same laws applied to convicting organized crime groups like the mafia. not that i don't appreciate you showing that chart. when i hear people say ' al queda in iraq' it makes me want to punch someone, insurgents in iraq fighting against us don't belong to a specific organization. Sure there are racial and cultural tribal allegiances at stake but the term Al Queda is mostly used to incorrectly describe islamic extremism as a whole. At best random insurgents have labeled themselves al queda to play into the hysteria of it all.

for your viewing pleasure: Power of Nightmares

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2798679275960015727#

that was a great video, just finished parts 2 and 3. do you know much about the film's producer, adam curtis? i'm wondering how much of this is factual and how much is speculation. some things are stated as facts, but no background is given. really enjoyed it though, very eye-opening, thanks for posting it.

that was a great video, just finished parts 2 and 3. do you know much about the film's producer, adam curtis? i'm wondering how much of this is factual and how much is speculation. some things are stated as facts, but no background is given. really enjoyed it though, very eye-opening, thanks for posting it.

He's made two great documentaries: power of nightmares and century of the self. the main criticism that people have of Power of Nightmares tends to focus on some details as being incorrect. What almost all the critiques fail to appreciate is that the rise and beliefs of both "Al Qaeda" and the "neo-conservatives" originated from the same desire, to exert control over populations through fighting individualism. Curtis does overplay Strauss' role somewhat, and in some ways it's fairer to say that Straussian doctrine is more like Leninist-Marxism.

Guest Adjective

He's made two great documentaries: power of nightmares and century of the self. the main criticism that people have of Power of Nightmares tends to focus on some details as being incorrect. What almost all the critiques fail to appreciate is that the rise and beliefs of both "Al Qaeda" and the "neo-conservatives" originated from the same desire, to exert control over populations through fighting individualism. Curtis does overplay Strauss' role somewhat, and in some ways it's fairer to say that Straussian doctrine is more like Leninist-Marxism.

i've enjoyed all of his that i've seen. his docs "The Trap" and "The Living Dead" are also on google video and worth a look.

So I guess they found the diary of that guy who slashed the taxi driver and it turns out it was all full of a big hate-on for muslims, how they were all murderers, out to destroy us, etc.

Much like the above post refers to a very likely scenario if the community center gets built, funny how these people actually become the thing they claim to hate so much.

i've enjoyed all of his that i've seen. his docs "The Trap" and "The Living Dead" are also on google video and worth a look.

I haven't seen "the Living Dead" but "The Trap" is lacking in some areas of economics. His most recent one "It Felt Like a Kiss" is an interesting concept, I don't know if he executed it very well, but definitely worth a watch.

I haven't seen "the Living Dead" but "The Trap" is lacking in some areas of economics. His most recent one "It Felt Like a Kiss" is an interesting concept, I don't know if he executed it very well, but definitely worth a watch.

is the living dead the one about modern politics? i havent even heard of 'it felt like a kiss' *Tracks down*

Guest Adjective

is the living dead the one about modern politics? i havent even heard of 'it felt like a kiss' *Tracks down*

most of them are a bit of a blur for me because i watched them all in a day or two. The Living Dead contrasted the perspectives of veterans or war survivors, with what has become the accepted spin on that part of history. but it covered more ground than that, it gets into brainwashing and mind control.

Archived