IGNORED

STOP THE MOSQUE AT GROUND ZERO

awepittance

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest beatfanatic

raise your hand if this mosque in any way shape or form affects your day to day life from here to infinity.

:facepalm:

Some fucked up terrorists blew up WTC in the name of Islam = All muslims are generalized as potential terrorists

Karmakramer's white roommate stabs a taxi driver = All white men should be generalized as potential taxi driver stabbers.

:cisfor:

Some guy on watmm is a prick = All watmmers should be generalised as pricks.

that seems to be the line of reasoning for most of the people who are opposed to the mosque. I was just trying to show how ridiculous that is.

I'd say leave it mate, this thread is :facepalm: anyway.

Ha, an American giving me grammar tips. I'll take note.

Chassis, you're a dickhead.

You are an even bigger dickhead for calling out Americans, most with fine grammar skills, on an American messageboard.

and I agree with you No Carrier...

there is no reason why any of this should matter...

Guest no carrier

raise your hand if this mosque in any way shape or form affects your day to day life from here to infinity.

:facepalm:

no seriously, i am amazed that this issue which tangibly affects nobody has caused such an uproar and public discussion. people are arguing about nothing that matters as if it's a life and death issue... it's quite amazing, really.

the first half of monday's daily show made some really good points about this so-called "issue." like the fact that fox news is partly owned by the major financial backer of this "mosque" they are condemning. And how they're clearly either really evil or really stupid (imo it's a bit of both).

just like the gay marriage debate, and all the other non-issues being shoved down our throats by the corporate media, this shit absolutely DOES NOT MATTER. it's yet another distraction from the truly important crises we ought to be focused on.

(and who owns mass media? who controls the topics of america's dinner table conversation? why, the same people who profit off of the ensuing or ignored chaos, of course!)

just delude the ignorant, and the elites will get caught up in outraged disbelief of such stupidity. meanwhile, the average citizen doesn't give a shit anyway, leaving the evil, selfish, invisible despots free to continue fucking everyone.

the first half of monday's daily show made some really good points about this so-called "issue." like the fact that fox news is partly owned by the major financial backer of this "mosque" they are condemning. And how they're clearly either really evil or really stupid (imo it's a bit of both).

just like the gay marriage debate, and all the other non-issues being shoved down our throats by the corporate media, this shit absolutely DOES NOT MATTER. it's yet another distraction from the truly important crises we ought to be focused on.

(and who owns mass media? who controls the topics of america's dinner table conversation? why, the same people who profit off of the ensuing or ignored chaos, of course!)

just delude the ignorant, and the elites will get caught up in outraged disbelief of such stupidity. meanwhile, the average citizen doesn't give a shit anyway, leaving the evil, selfish, invisible despots free to continue fucking everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcH3Q5YUMNA

Guest Rotwang

WHERE WERE YOU

WHEN THEY BUILT THE LADDER TO HEAVEN

DID IT MAKE YOU FEEL LIKE CRYING

OR DID YOU THINK IT WAS KINDA GAY

WELL I FOR ONE BELIEVE IN THE LADDER TO HEAVEN

OH YEAH YEAH YEAH

I SAID 911, 911, 911

NIIIIIIIIIIIINE

ELEVEN

Guest disparaissant

i love that toby keith essentially became a real cs lewis but unironically.

(and yes i know cs is based on hank jr but i mean toby keith really brought it full circle with taht american boot up yer towelhead ass song)

Guest disparaissant

it's being used as a political wedge issue to gain votes so yeah, it's affecting my life.

tumblr_l7pr13tDAE1qak4nvo1_250.gif

you better believe it brother

also this is the diagram i was TRYING to post earlier but it didnt work:

tumblr_l7py0hxcyx1qblt18o1_1280.jpg

the problem is al queda isn't as tangible as many people make it out to be, it's not like the tamil tigers or Hezbollah. Al Queda is the name america gave to the organization that attempted to bomb the world trade center in 1993. The only way they could convict bin laden and other supposed co-conspirators was to use the same laws applied to convicting organized crime groups like the mafia. not that i don't appreciate you showing that chart. when i hear people say ' al queda in iraq' it makes me want to punch someone, insurgents in iraq fighting against us don't belong to a specific organization. Sure there are racial and cultural tribal allegiances at stake but the term Al Queda is mostly used to incorrectly describe islamic extremism as a whole. At best random insurgents have labeled themselves al queda to play into the hysteria of it all.

for your viewing pleasure: Power of Nightmares

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2798679275960015727#

the problem is al queda isn't as tangible as many people make it out to be, it's not like the tamil tigers or Hezbollah. Al Queda is the name america gave to the organization that attempted to bomb the world trade center in 1993. The only way they could convict bin laden and other supposed co-conspirators was to use the same laws applied to convicting organized crime groups like the mafia. not that i don't appreciate you showing that chart. when i hear people say ' al queda in iraq' it makes me want to punch someone, insurgents in iraq fighting against us don't belong to a specific organization. Sure there are racial and cultural tribal allegiances at stake but the term Al Queda is mostly used to incorrectly described islamic extremism as a whole. At best random insurgents have labeled themselves al queda to play into the hysteria of it all.

Totally hear you out. Al Queda members, or the claimants anyway, were only a minority of various insurgent factions and sub-factions within Iraq AFTER the 2003 invasion.

For example, I wonder know how many Americans know the difference between Hezbollah and Hamas, let alone their complex political and social workings in the Palestinian territories.

Archived