IGNORED

Tribute to the Large Hadron Collider

Fred McGriff

Ive only listened to sneaks track, but I had to repeat it because it was so awesome.

Enter A New Sneakstep

What does this mean? Its yours? Colab? Cause it fucking killed

I implied pretty much everybody would figure that Sneaksta and I collaborated on this track. lol.

Well then, I like your colab track oli. You wanker. :cisfor:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest no carrier

speaking of at&t, someone climbed up a telephone pole behind my house and cut my service wire. the guy who fixed it installed three new ones. that's very IDM of at&t, methinks.

Who's Owen Gilbride? Liked that one.

That'd be me. Still haven't decided on a music alias, so some of my stuff comes out under "Owen Gilbride" & some comes out under "Cryptowen". Probably will come up with a better one some day...

Glad to hear you liked it, though!

Managed to find some headphones for the college computers. Listening now...

Track 1 - reminds me of late 90s Yello with the steady beat & sort of dark spacey feel. I like it.

Track 2 - took a bit to get into it, but into it I did indeed get with the various little melodic breakdowns around two minutes (or so) in.

Track 3 - sort of a change of pace from the first two tracks. Very nice groove going on. Some of the instrument emulating sounds are a bit cheesy, but surprisingly it works here quite well.

Track 4 - The synth has a bit of a BoC vibe. I like the bouncy drum machine sounds. Listening to it alone it might feel too short, but goes well with the flow of the album.

Track 5 - quite liked the atmosphere at the very start, and the atmospheric bits that poke through the idm throughout.

Track 6 - love the main distorted synth. Not sure about the vocal samples, though.

Track 7 - this one sort of creeps up with the weird little layers of noise. Probably one of my favourites so far.

Track 8 - didn't care for the synth part at first, but then the beat came in & it worked. Curious as to what the voice said at the end.

Track 9 - THIS ONE'S MINE

Track 10 - one of the weirder tracks so far, at least until the beats get going around three minutes in. Another good one.

Track 11 - knew it was a Cubus track without looking at the playlist, just from hearing the first few seconds. I'm just now noticing Cubus tracks work better when listened to on headphones. More atmospherey. This one's a bit different than other Cubus material I've heard. Bit more electronic. More beats.

Track 12 - This one builds up a lot of energy as it goes along. Nice way to break out of the (mostly) ambient feel of the last batch of tracks.

Track 13 - I never know what to expect with Corn Cat tracks, but this is probably one of the best I've heard because it manages to maintain an atmosphere/groove while still doing the usual whole lots of stuff going on. It does get pretty crazy in parts, but there's enough consistency to hold it all together in a weird pulsating mass of electronic noise.

Guest Drahken

The voices at the end of track 8 are one of the scientists at the LHC talking about what kind of magnets they use. fuckin magnets.

Not my best work, but glad to have been picked for the comp.

Really liked yours btw, probably my favorite on the album.

Archived