IGNORED

the luke vibert sample spotting thread

solarion

• 2 months later...

Just watched a video from Wintergatan about his "Ondophone" and was reminded of the breakdown in Nerf Herder from Rave Wars:

starts at 2:30, could that be a Marxaphone + Effects?

starts at 0:32

may also be just a coincidence that both play the same melody

• Like 1

On 4/1/2021 at 8:14 PM, dna42 said:

Just watched a video from Wintergatan about his "Ondophone" and was reminded of the breakdown in Nerf Herder from Rave Wars:

starts at 2:30, could that be a Marxaphone + Effects?

starts at 0:32

may also be just a coincidence that both play the same melody

It's unquestionably the Jetsons' doorbell. He also used the sample in Swet on Chicago, Detroit, Redruth. Maybe a Marxophone or related instrument was used in making the original sound effect - I hear the same repetition of notes (though the tone is very different) and it wouldn't have been a synthesizer at the time The Jetsons was made.

Edited by solarion
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Content!

I finally dug this one up. Not sure why it took me this long. Not so much a sample, but he used a bunch in his live mixes from many years ago, it should sound familliar:

And the 91 mix has the "Here it comes" sample right from the start that should be familiar, as well as some random female vocal samples.

Edited by manero

And I gotta say, I’m listening to a bunch of Blapps Posse stuff now and it’s EXTREMELY Vibertesque. If you haven’t listened to any of it I highly recommend digging it up. Lots of danceable beats, samples, and 303 warbling. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

And I knew I heard this somewhere else.... "Let the music flow / Let your body go" also appears in "Multiple Stab Wounds" at about 2:15 on the Amen Andrews vs Spac Hand Luke album -

I'm at my submission limit on whosampled until things get approved so I'm just going to keep posting here

A plethora of stuff from the Wild Style soundtrack -

"Rock rock rock to the funky beat" in Boney L is from T's Limo Ride -

"Turn it up / Say turn it up" on Studio Sessions 2 track 9 is from Fantastic Freaks at the Dixie:

"Rock with the rhythm with the freaks galore" is from Rammellzee And Shock Dell At The Amphitheatre: