IGNORED

DJ Shadow ~ Def Surrounds Us

Guest Apeofnaples

thats a terrible comparison.

lol it has more beats

comparing 2 shadow tracks to the campfire headphase? :shrug:

can you read? i'm comparing the streamlined quality of the music. campfire headphase is boc with a glossy sheen. it could have been made by anyone, unlike their other albums. and this is the same. his early stuff has a magic to it, what i would call soul, and these two tracks lack that. they're anonymous. if you didn't tell me it was dj shadow, i wouldn't know. it's actually an appropriate comparison and represents how i feel about both artists.

Guest Enter a new display name

This is quite dull. I'm sure some of you enjoy the first song solely for the snare rushes.

Hey don't be cynical or nothin' :emotawesomepm9:

Fact #1: In your case, I'm right about the snare rushes

Fact #2: You're under 18

Guest Greg Reason

Also his last album "The Outsider" was so bad that I was embarrassed to be a DJ Shadow fanboy for a while. Now, I just like to think that "The Outsider" never happened.

The Outsider had some incredible stuff on it. 'Triplicate' and 'Erase You' are downright incredible; some of the best stuff he's ever done. Live it was even more devastating cause he had Chris there to sing the shit live and then he bust out a giant sinister mashup-up of 'Triplicate' into 'We Do What We're Told' by Peter Gabriel and '10s' by Pantera, all the while with nine screens around him displaying surveillance cameras turning on their hinges. It was fuckin intense

Outsider would be a million times better if he threw away the awful Hyphy that makes up a third of the album. That shit truly is foul

it's not a bad track, i think. the samples are memorable and the beats and melodies are OK. shadows biggest problem seems to be he just can't live up to his own legacy. which is sad on one hand, but on the other, i'm sure he doesn't give a rats ass.

Nitiallly I was liek omg shdow does dubtep but then comes the whatever intangible it is that makes shadow so great

For the record I almost gave up on him with rthe hard sell and the outsider but the 4-track era redeemed my appreciation for the man. I'll probably go see him live when he comes to boston in november

Archived