IGNORED

DJ Shadow ~ Def Surrounds Us

Guest Apeofnaples

Guest GrandPopPoplock

I love it, best I've heard from him since Endtroducing. Great tunes! Looking forward to what comes next.

Indeed , my son !

Honestly I hated both the tracks, and I'm a huge Shadow fanboy. If you think this is better than Preemptive Strike or The Private Press you're probably on fucking coke.

(but I had heard them both a few weeks ago.. REAL FAN LOL)

Guest beatfanatic

Honestly I hated both the tracks, and I'm a huge Shadow fanboy.

This

Also his last album "The Outsider" was so bad that I was embarrassed to be a DJ Shadow fanboy for a while. Now, I just like to think that "The Outsider" never happened.

Also his last album "The Outsider" was so bad that I was embarrassed to be a DJ Shadow fanboy for a while. Now, I just like to think that "The Outsider" never happened.

It was so bad I deleted the copy from my 'puter as I could bear it to take up even a single byte of my hard disk.

It was so bad I deleted the copy from my 'puter as I could bear it to take up even a single byte of my hard disk.

i never even checked that record out at all. i guess im glad i didnt from what i have read.

Speaking about the new EP 'The New Futility'

The tracks will be available to buy digitally in a few weeks, but if you want them on vinyl, then you’ve got your work cut out. He’s hidden a few copies in record stores around Europe (where he is currently touring), for lucky souls to stumble across and have for free.

“The idea is ‘shop-placing;’ it’s the opposite of shoplifting,” he says. “You go into a store and leave your record in the racks to be discovered later. It’s not about being cute, it’s about passing the music along in the most unobtrusive way possible. I’d rather give away free vinyl than a download, because to me, downloads are so impersonal and soulless. In 2010, it has become akin to sending your dad an e-card on his birthday; no personality, no class. And from an artistic point of view, I think it sends a negative message about the worth of the music.”

Well that's an original way of getting your records out there. Not to your biggest fans but to what could be any Tom, Dick or Harry which happens to be in the lucky record shop at the right time.

Speaking about the new EP 'The New Futility'

The tracks will be available to buy digitally in a few weeks, but if you want them on vinyl, then you’ve got your work cut out. He’s hidden a few copies in record stores around Europe (where he is currently touring), for lucky souls to stumble across and have for free.

“The idea is ‘shop-placing;’ it’s the opposite of shoplifting,” he says. “You go into a store and leave your record in the racks to be discovered later. It’s not about being cute, it’s about passing the music along in the most unobtrusive way possible. I’d rather give away free vinyl than a download, because to me, downloads are so impersonal and soulless. In 2010, it has become akin to sending your dad an e-card on his birthday; no personality, no class. And from an artistic point of view, I think it sends a negative message about the worth of the music.”

Well that's an original way of getting your records out there. Not to your biggest fans but to what could be any Tom, Dick or Harry which happens to be in the lucky record shop at the right time.

Yeah, that might be the biggest half-baked idea ever. This will just mean the few copies found will go for a shitload of money on ebay. Why not sell a run of 500 to diehard fans and do the same record store ploy with 50 or so in special colors, artwork, or some other marker? Why not let the fans get in on vinyl, then have them leak a flac rip?

Either way, not much of surprise in the music: same "epic" schtick with some spoken word samples only now with updated drums. Meh.

i'm a huge endtroducing/private press fan and preemptive strike wasn't bad either. this fucking sucks though. it's just soulless. it reminds me of the difference between music has the right to children/geogaddi and campfire headphase.

this is kind of dance floor stuff, the first track anyway... still sounds very shadowish

Archived