IGNORED

ideas for videogames that would actually be fun

vamos scorcho

an entire game based around the "infected" aka "zombies" gametype that started in halo 2

holy mother, that would be the funnest game ever. so many brilliant things could be done. it's just a simple concept, however nobody dares fart around with it. gamers would go nuts.

the concept: a server with 50-100 people in it (this is possible, or will be)

a big city, or whatever

90% or however many start off as humans

the rest are zombies. they are weak, when a human is killed they respawn as a zombie.

thats the idea

then there are the small things that make it perfect ... low ammo, sites where there is ammo, a constant battleground perhaps? mmofps? factions on a huge overworld, constant fighting? fucking fortresses?

there are big brains in the business, why don't they figure this stuff out? there could be amazing games if all that money went into something with a fun/interesting concept. there could be some mindblowing stuff soon, i'm sure

the reason for this thread, i got pissed watching videos for the game "brink."

how is this what we've settled for for an exciting upcoming game? fuck this game. no offense, there is passion and i respect and feel for the developers in some ways.

but watching the video, some funny quotes:

"character classes and abilities allow the player to shape his playing style"

bullshit.

"combat strategies, whether you want to be at the frontlines, or in the back providing support"

wow, i'm blown away. this game sounds really interesting!

sure, there have been a few interesting games along the way, definitely. but i would like to see these indie game minds being funded so they can make something great.

i know it's inevitable that there will be amazing things down the road

so much potential for the "Zombies" game. you've got cars...

just keep it simple in art. make it look real but sleek, like half life 2. keep the name good. no quirky nerdy bullshit just make it sleek and simple like modern art. i don't want any "comic book" idiocy.

so the game starts, everyone starts in safe zone. however in the safe zone it is impossible to fend for yourself, and the zombie has means of entry after a certain period of time, regardless. so to be sure you'll survive you need to go fetch a weapon. these are strategically placed. you are lucky to find a handgun. a shotgun makes you a leader. other weapons and you'll have people following you around.

but they can kill you for your gun.

of course there would need to be ways to iron out the problems inherent in this. so then maybe you've got two teams forming in addition to the plague of zombies. and these two teams create their fortresses.

like in minecraft, kind of. to build a safehouse you have to literally build it yourself. no location is safe (more safe) until you make it that way. and that's not easy, you have to put yourself at risk.

and then there are all kinds of art quirks... great sound. NO music, except at the title screen and maybe some strange things during the menus in between games.

the first however many % people killed become the zombies next game.

every zombie you kill provides you with money/respect

you're driving through this village, the zombies are coming up through the woods towards the suburb you and a few other teammates are inside of. along the way the avenue is crawling with zombies running towards your car. with every kill they get faster.

the zombies

luckily your teammate riding bitch has a gun and he is blasting these zombies. many close calls. should have taken a caravan.

i never get excited about the possibilities and joy of the virtual experience. i thought eve might be fun but it sucked. no immersion/imagination (though to be fair i didn't give myself time to get into it before deleting it from my hd)

"titanic - the game": it's a struggle against time. try to sink the ship before leo and kate get all romantic and shit.

and

"hospital horror": try to shoot every cancer cell to hell! you're constantly in a wheel chair.

and

"burning house with kitties in it": rescue kitties from a burning house but be sure not to safe the owner, cause kitties are cash!

an entire game based around the "infected" aka "zombies" gametype that started in halo 2

holy mother, that would be the funnest game ever. so many brilliant things could be done. it's just a simple concept, however nobody dares fart around with it. gamers would go nuts.

a big city, or whatever

the rest are zombies. they are weak, when a human is killed they respawn as a zombie.

thats the idea

then there are the small things that make it perfect ... low ammo, sites where there is ammo, a constant battleground perhaps? mmofps? factions on a huge overworld, constant fighting? fucking fortresses?

there are big brains in the business, why don't they figure this stuff out? there could be amazing games if all that money went into something with a fun/interesting concept. there could be some mindblowing stuff soon, i'm sure

there's a half-life 2 mod that is exactly this

a big city, or whatever

thats the idea

Just because it hasn't been made into a commercial game doesn't mean the idea hasn't been tried... a lot of "good ideas" turn out to not be commercially viable or just plain fun once realized to some degree.

Archived