IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've tried this a few times, wasn't really able to get into it. The exploration aspect was interesting for a bit until it became clear how samey everything looks, & as far as building goes I don't have the motivation to make a giant floating island fortress or what have you (plus I'd rather spend that time doing sound stuff). Some of the thing people have done with it are pretty neat, though.

Guest Franklin

I'm very slowly working on a really cool large structure of sorts. So far I don't think anybody has done it and I'm super pumped to make and post it.

too busy these days though.

I've been playing off and on for a couple months. Usually only get like 3-4 days a month to play. It's really nice to just fire it up on a slow day with nothing to do and be all "I'm making something epic until I fall asleep." Gets my mind off...things.

There have definitely been nights when I'm trying to go to sleep and I keep hearing cave/zombie noises in my head because I'm used to hearing that in dark unexplored caves.

I want to put a texture pack on. I play the downloaded alpha version. Is using a texture pack much of a hassle when the game updates?

well they were saying that the mods get fucked over every update. Maybe the updates need to key in the main modders pre-their release. get a system the hap.

i don't know if it screws with the textures though, i'm just a minecraft thread reader, that's my thing.

the textures should be fine. in the latest update notch has made applying them easier too (ie drag the texture pack zip into a folder, and it's accessible from the main menu.)

Guest Franklin

"They gazed at God's Final Message to His Creation in wonderment, and were slowly and ineffably filled with a great sense of peace, and of final and complete understanding"

"I think," he murmured at last from deep within his corroding, rattling thorax, "I feel good about it."

The lights went out in his eyes for absolutely the very last time ever.

This is basically what I have been doing for the last day and what I have been meaning to make since the first hour of playing this game. I think I can quit now.

post-466-0-21688900-1291699867_thumb.jpg

the textures should be fine. in the latest update notch has made applying them easier too (ie drag the texture pack zip into a folder, and it's accessible from the main menu.)

Nice, I saw it last night. Hadn't played since that update.

mzl.fuoypafq.480x480-75.jpg

153353_large.png

'Minecraft' Client 'Minecrafted' Hits The App Store, Gets Pulled

posted November 16th, 2010 12:27 PM UTC by Brad Nicholson in $0.99, Adventure, News, iPad Games, iPhone games, iPod touch games

Mojang Specifications' Minecraft is a game about survival and building. Presented in first person and available for the Mac and PC, it has quickly become one of those indie darling success stories. In its alpha phase of development, Minecraft has sold over 600,000 copies. It's popular, has a great community, and has generated a lot of positive buzz. The game has also inspired an iOS developer to create his own version of the title, which has since been pulled from the App Store.

The game was called Minecrafted and it hit the App Store at $.99. The App's creator, Trevor Wilkin, claimed in the release information for the game that Minecrafted was "built from the ground up for Apple devices without code or content from the original." However, the game looked and played like Minecraft, and could even connect with legitimate Minecraft servers.

http://toucharcade.com/2010/11/16/minecrafted/

damn how could I miss this

153353_large.png

posted November 16th, 2010 12:27 PM UTC by Brad Nicholson in $0.99, Adventure, News, iPad Games, iPhone games, iPod touch games

Mojang Specifications' Minecraft is a game about survival and building. Presented in first person and available for the Mac and PC, it has quickly become one of those indie darling success stories. In its alpha phase of development, Minecraft has sold over 600,000 copies. It's popular, has a great community, and has generated a lot of positive buzz. The game has also inspired an iOS developer to create his own version of the title, which has since been pulled from the App Store.

The game was called Minecrafted and it hit the App Store at $.99. The App's creator, Trevor Wilkin, claimed in the release information for the game that Minecrafted was "built from the ground up for Apple devices without code or content from the original." However, the game looked and played like Minecraft, and could even connect with legitimate Minecraft servers.

it also states in the comments,

. This is not a copy of Minecraft. This is simply a client for logging on to Minecraft Classic servers. None of the game's assets are included in the .ipa.

153353_large.png

it also states in the comments,

. This is not a copy of Minecraft. This is simply a client for logging on to Minecraft Classic servers. None of the game's assets are included in the .ipa.

yeah but still you can play it with it right?

there is this other clone of minecraft but it looks kind of shitty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLvYEWwEzmU

I am looking for something I can play a minecraft single player game in on iphone since the release of the original game

minecraft hits beta on dec 20: http://notch.tumblr.com/

Nice, I like the narrative idea he mentioned. Without any prior knowledge of what you're supposed to do in Minecraft it can be confusing the first time you try to play it. I remember my first time I never realized you could make a workbench and quit because it was kind of aimless.

Archived