IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kaini, don't expect too much from the aqueduct, the water might not behave as you expect...

Wrong, it behaves *exactly* how you would expect; maybe you just don't have it figured out yet. I'm in the middle of building an epic aqueduct. The only real thing to know about it, is it always drops one block every 10 meters or so (not sure how many units). That's it...actually I think their fluid modeling is pretty sick, for a bunch of blocks.

Kaini, don't expect too much from the aqueduct, the water might not behave as you expect...

Wrong, it behaves *exactly* how you would expect; maybe you just don't have it figured out yet. I'm in the middle of building an epic aqueduct. The only real thing to know about it, is it always drops one block every 10 meters or so (not sure how many units). That's it...actually I think their fluid modeling is pretty sick, for a bunch of blocks.

in my last project i started off with a moat, then i figured this out and ended up with a crazy spiral waterslide into the very bowels of my mine instead. so the bottom floor of my mine is now full of chickens and pigs and cows on that save, lol.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Anyone made any jelqing monuments? I got it earlier and I wasn't so fussed for the first 30 minutes, but three hours later...

I'm not finding much coal, what gives? Just went on a giant dig and came back with two lumps.

Guest futuregirlfriend

and probably not, but is there any way i can get some xyz coords displayed on the screen? i have a house built into a mountain, in one room im just digging down and laying stairs, eventually i'll try and excavate different floors. i could just dig outwards and take a peek out of the side of the mountain actually.

and probably not, but is there any way i can get some xyz coords displayed on the screen? i have a house built into a mountain, in one room im just digging down and laying stairs, eventually i'll try and excavate different floors. i could just dig outwards and take a peek out of the side of the mountain actually.

you can build a compass:

_S_
SRS
_S_

(S is steel, R is redstone)

Has anyone made a mountain yet? Like a real big mountain with slopes and trees at the bottom area and high peaks with snow?

Something that took you half an hour to get to the top.

i wouldn't expect water to need such a steep slope to flow. and even if you dig a moat from a static water body (sea), it still needs a slope.

point of an aqueduct is that it can have a really tiny slope so you can take the water to great distances. but unfortunately not in minecraft.

you can build a compass:

_S_
SRS
_S_

(S is steel, R is redstone)

yeah, but that compass is pointing at the spawn point.

which is actually even more useful than a compass pointing to north - you can figure that out from the sun and the moon (they both rise and set in the same direction). i really like navigating around in minecraft, you have to *think* to find your way to a specific place, or you can help yourself by building landmarks. but 1) compass pointing to spawn and 2) astral east/west can be of much help.

...or you could just press F3 :)

another shot, so you can see the library

minecraftscra.png

the world is your panopticon

actually something that surprised me is how beautiful the graphics can be considering their primitiveness.

watching the sun set over the sea from the top is really quite something.

kaini, are those snow bricks in the ice? You're a patient guy

it's mud, which snow has gathered on.

i'm reclaiming the land in a bay, dutch polder style.

Archived