IGNORED

Minecraft

Guest fiznuthian

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AcrossCanyons

pretty high up. past the clouds atleast. there is a limit tho, and you might hit it if you build high on already high mountain terrain.

Guest ansgaria

It's like Robinson Crusoe stranded on an island if he was playing with Lego whilst doing LSD.

It's a really enjoyable game, quite addicting.

And speaking of impressive stuff from the players...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn2-d5a3r94&feature=player_embedded

Just thinking about the amount of time he put into building and mining makes me dizzy.

Guest AcrossCanyons

i kept losing my house so i built two incredibly tall columns with torches on top. looks pretty cool at night.

i've fashioned something similar after seeing some ideas online (a lot of people have made huge glass balls filled with lava). it's something like a 3 block wide tower way above my current house on the mountain behind it with a bunch of torches and some glass on top. looks pretty cool and has helped me a few times already.

also holy wow at that starship!

Minecraft seems to have some essential art characteristics. Basically it's aware of what it is, it kinda simulates computer logic and especially its graphic origins and it's telling us it has infinite possibilities.

amazing.

Guest AcrossCanyons

i think somebody should set up a server and we should make a huge collaborative effort.

it shall be the most IDM creation in all of minecraft :braindance:

Who's gonna be the first person to reproduce a massive dithered recreation of the goatse man that is only visible from about 1km high.

I played a really early alpha of this ages ago, the only thing I managed to make was putting a stone block on top of a 3x3x3 wooden block. That was enough of an effort for me ...

has anyone else noticed how mental the save file format is? it's literally a 'World*x*' directory with a massive abstraction of the map inside a crazy and deep directory tree. very IDM.

i think this game looks pretty amazing. i saw some footage of a guy crawling through the caves - it was pretty amazing. it is actually so huge and deep that you feel like you are exploring a real space. just the way the guy started above ground and then started descending through these tiny dark caverns was a trip.

how the hell do people build those huge things? that seems like it would take days. i don't get it.

anyway i tried to find a free pirated version of this but failed. i don't want to pay for it at the moment. maybe i will eventually.

as of right now i don't see how building virtual bullshit out of huge pixelated blocks could be fun. the exploration aspect looks really great though.

Guest AcrossCanyons

as of right now i don't see how building virtual bullshit out of huge pixelated blocks could be fun. the exploration aspect looks really great though.

like people said, if you enjoy lego, you'll enjoy the building aspect of the game. i like it because you start with absolutely nothing, and simply by placing blocks together you can create some incredible things. it's so simple but the limit is your imagination.

Archived