IGNORED

Animal Collective - slip-ons

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

60803_434568741020_8041111020_5686192_1593018_n.jpg

lol etc

Available for pre-order until October 31st, 2010, the shoes will also be released in limited numbers in select stores around the world starting March 2011. Pre-ordered shoes will be shipped directly to customers in March and will come with a bonus cassette of previously unreleased music.

all proceeds go to charity

http://www.keepcompany.com/subcategory.aspx?id=46

first shoe post in new releases forum?

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I can't seem to check out. too many pitchfork readers! :angry:

what other artist would you like to come out with shoes? I pick ceephax.

i guess tacking on a tag that says profits will be donated to such and such's non-profit organization has become synonymous with labeling everything Green, as just another clever marketing ploy.

unless they actually are donating profits to said non-profit organization ?

Guest Hanratty

animal collective is cool. i just happen to not want to listen to it hardly ever. these are cool shoes.

and anyway, all these modestly talented r n' b/rap stars make perfume, clothes, movies, etc, etc, etc. AC can do it too, and probably can do it better.

i guess tacking on a tag that says profits will be donated to such and such's non-profit organization has become synonymous with labeling everything Green, as just another clever marketing ploy.

unless they actually are donating profits to said non-profit organization ?

i should have elaborated further. i meant another clever marketing ploy that makes the consumer feel like he/she is actually helping the world, when in reality they aren't helping shit, but they're own false sense of self-worth.

so if IDM nerds like something, its not hipster right?

not even sneaker designed by Animal Collective that comes with a free cassette tape, with the proceeds going to charity?

I think I get it now.

• 6 months later...
Guest nene multiple assgasms

my shoes arrived today along with the cassette. the shoes are a little narrow for my hobbit-like feet, but the tape fits right in the player.

I bet boc would make some bomb-ass perfume.

it would smell of campfires and little kids

LOLZ.

Not really a big fan of hand-drawn designs on me kicks, I like the clean and simple Adidas and Pumas. Cool idea though.

Archived