IGNORED

A strange thing happened to me this morning

Lucas

i like pigeons. they usually have really fast reflexes. they're like flies and always move away at the last second. you couldn't hit one if you tried.

but every once in a while there's a slowpoke... splat. that's just Darwin in action. now he won't pass his slow pigeon genes on to his offspring.

hence, in the future: less squished pigeons. :emotawesomepm9:

on a somewhat related note: i once saw a seagull eating a dead pigeon in a city square. he was just tearing into the thing and chowing down.

all around him, not more than a few feet away were about 20-30 other pigeons. just standing around calmly and preening. watching the whole thing go down like "eh. i never liked that fucker anyway."

lol @ the beauty of mother nature. fucking brutal.

I guess I should tell a pigeon story.

I was driving around one day in Chicago. I was waiting at a stop light at Ashland & Division, and this big 18 wheeler was making a right hand turn. There was a huge gathering of pigeons sitting in the right lane tearing apart a bag of fast food... I'll make a diagram.

metruckpidges.png

So there I was sitting, watching this huge swarm of pigeons feasting. The truck makes a right turn, and as trucks do when they turn right, the whole cab sort of pivoted on the axis of the back right wheels. The cab kept coming over until it was above the pigeons and then continued forward directly over the swarm of pigeons. It squashed maybe 20-30 pigeons in that instance and left nothing but a mound of blood, feathers, and half-flapping wings.

Here's is the afterward diagram:

metruckpidgesdead.png

:cry:

Anyway, at least I didn't kill them.

lol did you drive through the carnage?

Actually, I got out of the car to see if there was any fast food left in the bag. No luck.

edit: Then I drove around the block and ran over the pigeons... Y'know, to make sure they were dead. Mercy killing............................. :whistling:

Guest Billov

jar jar brinks? why everyone says this

Jar Jar Brinks can drink a whole hennessey fifth, some call that a problem, I call it a gift

Jar Jar Brinks gon make the whole continent shift, yo.

I guess I should tell a pigeon story.

I was driving around one day in Chicago. I was waiting at a stop light at Ashland & Division, and this big 18 wheeler was making a right hand turn. There was a huge gathering of pigeons sitting in the right lane tearing apart a bag of fast food... I'll make a diagram.

metruckpidges.png

So there I was sitting, watching this huge swarm of pigeons feasting. The truck makes a right turn, and as trucks do when they turn right, the whole cab sort of pivoted on the axis of the back right wheels. The cab kept coming over until it was above the pigeons and then continued forward directly over the swarm of pigeons. It squashed maybe 20-30 pigeons in that instance and left nothing but a mound of blood, feathers, and half-flapping wings.

Here's is the afterward diagram:

metruckpidgesdead.png

:cry:

Anyway, at least I didn't kill them.

i'm just imagining the mound of blood, feathers, and twitching wings!

Here's my pigeon story.

One time when my nuclear family, who live in North America were visiting England, we were in London. On this particular day, we visited the steps of St. Paul's Cathedral. My brother and I, being North American and extremely young, were completely ignorant of the fact that this was one of the definitive places, if not the definitive place to feed pigeons and so we chased them around a whole lot. Later we saw all these English people giving us dirty looks, so we stopped after a while.

Here's my pigeon story.

One time when my nuclear family, who live in North America were visiting England, we were in London. On this particular day, we visited the steps of St. Paul's Cathedral. My brother and I, being North American and extremely young, were completely ignorant of the fact that this was one of the definitive places, if not the definitive place to feed pigeons and so we chased them around a whole lot. Later we saw all these English people giving us dirty looks, so we stopped after a while.

then what happened?

:pedobear:

Archived