IGNORED

PS3 Move

Guest Mirezzi

Guest Mirezzi

The 360 Kinect thread made me think about this...

I know there are only like three of us here who have/love the PS3, so I guess I'm talking mostly to Joyrex here.

Have you tried the PS3 Move? If so, is it any good? I'm tempted, but it's pretty spendy. I did get rather bored with the Wii when I owned it and, as a result, sold it two months later. Is this more of the same?

NO! THIS IS PURE AWESOME! DEAD AWESOME! I had so much fun replaying RE5 its a whole new level of ermerssion and I got the Start the Party Game and hadn't had so many laughs with my family in a long ass time.

Its nothing like the wii, nothing like it at all! I got the Sports Champion and everything moves/behaves the way it should. Ping Pong is by far my favorite. You can actually move up to the net to slam the ball or move back to defend! Slice the ball to trick your opponent, tap it or just hit it with all your might!

Unlike the Wii the Move is extremely precise with no noticeable lag and is tracked in literally all 3 Dimensions! I haven't tried all the Move games out there but the ones I did play were great!

Tumbler

Sports Champions!

Start The Party

RE5

Some Draw Game (designed for children but I had tons of fun drawing all over my living room)

I just got Get Fit with Mel B for my Sis and MOM and they love working out with the Move as well!

Unlike Kinect the Move Is Cheaper and can be played in a bright room or a dark room! The Sphere on top has a 16million color LED that changes its brightness depending on the brightness of the environment to aid in tracking movement. Also by looking at the size of the sphere it can determine distance and thus have more accurate depth readings! Its a really amazing piece of technology thats lots of fun! ITS A WIN!

Plus its nice to have something in your hand when you swing a racket, pull back a bow, shoot something or just draw/smack something! These are things Kinect cannot provide.

People are also working on support for the Move on PC. So you can have the awesomeness of the Move with your PC gaming. Driver Development seems to be slow however.

I'm not gonna pick it up until that Sorcery game comes out. It's gonna be awesome. I did, however, play Sports Champions at a friends house. It was lots of fun. Bocce Ball was fun as hell. Can't wait to pick this up for myself.

I'm not gonna pick it up until that Sorcery game comes out. It's gonna be awesome. I did, however, play Sports Champions at a friends house. It was lots of fun. Bocce Ball was fun as hell. Can't wait to pick this up for myself.

Yeah I'm looking forward to that too. MAG also has the Move but my PS3 is jailbroken so I can't play online. Bocce Ball was another popular among my family as well. I hadn't heard of it till Sports Champions showed it to me and my friend who used to live in New York said they played this there all the time, now I'm playing it in my living room at a variety of locations lol

I will, but does heavy rain have a Move patch for it?

Yeah, but supposedly it's still totally ass to control the characters. Actually, Sony told Quantic Dream to work on a Move patch instead of completing the DLC they had planned for Heavy Rain. Great job!

Guest Mirezzi

haha, whatever you wanna call that shit, the controls kept me from bothering with Heavy Rain, which may have been a quite interesting game otherwise...

I plan on getting a Move this Christmas with Eyepet for my daughter (told her she has to earn all the trophies for the game, through). I think Move is the right solution (so far) to motion controls in gaming.

i got move and played sports champions for about two weeks, much like i only played with my wii for about two weeks (it's been collecting dust for the past 3 months now). i haven't really decided if i like it or not yet (though table tennis is great), but i do look forward to playing killzone 3 with it.

a friend has it and i tried it, it's like the wii but it has also depth detection so you can play a game to place shaped objects in same shaped holes :/

it has a camara that lets you do funny shit like put your face in a faggy character.

it has a pet game that doesn't seem to work very well at all.

with good games besides the ones included in the package i guess it could be cool. but my impression so far is that it's a silly looking advanced wii.

we have had the move for a bit now.

- it's annoying that the base colour is pink on the main controller. Also it's too bright in normal low light living room settings, but doesn't like too much ambient light itself.

- the basic games pack if faggy arsed bollocks that you won't play. Well unless you're in a retirement home and have never heard of golf, real golf, outside.

- yes it will probably make heavy rain better given the control set up for that game, grab, shake, move something.

----------- anyway, just to conterbalance the sparkle move dance team post from ziggomatic above ---------------

we have had the move for a bit now.

- it's annoying that the base colour is pink on the main controller. Also it's too bright in normal low light living room settings, but doesn't like too much ambient light itself.

- the basic games pack if faggy arsed bollocks that you won't play. Well unless you're in a retirement home and have never heard of golf, real golf, outside.

- yes it will probably make heavy rain better given the control set up for that game, grab, shake, move something.

----------- anyway, just to conterbalance the sparkle move dance team post from ziggomatic above ---------------

lol well done, well done indeed. Also the Eyepet demo doesn't work. However the actual game does and most of the stuff thats on the demo disc is designed for children or adults with children like minds.

I for one don't have access to a Golf Course, a Bocce Pit, Archery Ring with floating targets (Or a bow and arrow for that matter), Gladiator arena (I do have a sword), Volleyball net and ball, a Ping Pong table (Although I could get one) and in some cases the people to do all that stuff with. Sports Champions alone makes the move well worth it because it provides all those things for me albeit virtual.

it's the best of both worlds.. wand control with HD graphics.. like the Wii on steroids. i don't see how it can go wrong. i'm just looking forward to some tennis or somethin.

I plan on getting a Move this Christmas with Eyepet for my daughter (told her she has to earn all the trophies for the game, through). I think Move is the right solution (so far) to motion controls in gaming.

So you're saying that Nintendo got the controller right again?

Archived