IGNORED

The Throttle EPs

Guest Backson

Guest Backson

Tell me about the Throttle EPs. I have heard/owned none of them.

Which ones is the best? Are they in the style of his compression trilogy?

Throttle Clarence is most similar to Clarence Park and i don't really like it so much.

Throttle exclusives is just three tracks and they're very different. Herr Barr remix sounds like it's Broadcast and doesn't sound like Clark at all imo but it's good. Dead Shark Eyes is mostly similar to ETBOY i guess and Dusk Raid is similar to Body Riddle stuff.

Throttle Furniture is my favorite his EP. It's not similar to anyhting he've done thought it contains Herr Barr and Dusk Swells. Frau wav (brief fling) has similar melody to Rainbow Voodoo, it even looks like it's earlier version of Rainbow Voodoo. Re-scan Clin and Urgent Hell Jack are great too.

Throttle Promoter is mostly similar to Turning Dragon and it's also really good. See See is my favorite.

Guest bitroast

throttle furniture is awesome business. makes me rather nostolgic actually, of when i first heard it, and the all the enjoyment i got out of it.

throttle clarence is great too, btw : )

Throttle Furniture is killer, and holy shit Urgent Jell Hack is one of the most evil/wicked Drum N Bass tracks I've ever heard. A more ravey Body Riddle maybe? This is a 3" CD release put out as the EP before Body Riddle.

Throttle Promoter is Turning Dragon era stomping techno. See See & Dirty Pixie are the highlights here for me. It is a vinyl release. I think they're both on Bleep for download too.

Throttle Clarence on the other hand, seems to use the sound palette from Clarence Park but compositionally doesn't share much with it. It's probably my least favorite, but it's got some killer tracks. This is only available on 3" CD and was included with early purchases of Body Riddle if you were lucky. My store was sold out of them, so I had to spend a bit to get it off eBay.

Pro tip: Acquire EPs legally. Rip. Burn Throttle Clarence, Throttle Furniture, Throttle Promoter, and the website exclusives onto one CD, in that order. End result flows pretty well and is enjoyable as a 67 or so minute Clark retrospective album. And as an "album" it's vastly superior to Clarence Park.

i like throttle furniture the best. it was the first release that had his full-on compression sound. frau wav was my inital favorite but the whole release is awesome.

throttle clarence came with body riddle. its def very cool and the most varied of the throttle eps. worth seeking out for sure.

Guest Backson

Pro tip: Acquire EPs legally. Rip. Burn Throttle Clarence, Throttle Furniture, Throttle Promoter, and the website exclusives onto one CD, in that order. End result flows pretty well and is enjoyable as a 67 or so minute Clark retrospective album. And as an "album" it's vastly superior to Clarence Park.

That's a great idea, I might do that.

And just call it "Throttle"

That's a great idea, I might do that.

And just call it "Throttle"

great idea

Damn...I guess I'm the only one who thinks Throttle Clarence is the best of the series .

nope, right there witch'ya :wang:

I played this today to refresh my memory, it really is a great EP. But in my opinion it's a little too Aphex-y and not as uniquely Clark.

That doesn't make it less good, it just makes the others come ahead when thinking of Clark's best material.

And Dead Shark Eyes from Throttleclark Exclusives is one of the best.

I haven't seen this track being mentioned very often, but it's great. I like it better than the whole Body Riddle album to be honest, even though it was a promotional track before the release. Had me all excited. It also ended up in my last Halloween mix which I still haven't posted due to not making it in time for the 31st.

Archived