IGNORED

Watmmopolis Next Steps

zazen

as i predicted, the 2010 bluray version is not only longer with added extra scenes but it also runs at a different speed than the US version you guys used... i'm not a expert on video but i believe i have to convert the mkv file i have from 24fps to 29,967fps which is the framerate of the version you used... speeding it up... or, as an alternative, time stretch your songs... making them slower... preserving the pitch obviously... i'd rather be able to convert the video but i'll have to investigate it further tomorrow on a software that allows me to do it and doesn't take like a day or even more to finish... most video conversion experiences i had took quite some time if i wanted to keep a good quality / file size ratio... and i believe there's 2 types of video framerate conversion, one that preserves the total running time and another one which doesn't, speeding it up, this is the one i'm after...

regarding your wavs, i've downloaded all the videos from youtube without any kind of conversion so i'l be able to demux the audio from them, which i think it's 256kbps mp3, and use it if we can't gather all the wavs...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

after many hours i was able to match the different playing rate of both versions!  :cattears:

• 2002 US version - 29.97 fps
  • 2010 Restored version - 24 fps

to convert one to another the most logic thing to do was to multiply the frame rate of the restored version by (24/29.97) which is 0.8008008008... turns out it didn't work, i know why but it's difficult to put it into words... eventually i had to multiply it by 0.97, got there through trial and error after 5 or 6 hours, because this takes forever to convert...  anyway, just tried to synch MRX's scene and it fits perfectly.

post-155-0-65835900-1520453458.png

don't think i'm going to have patience to wait for the wavs, gonna do it with the mp3 anyway and later when we have all the wavs i'll just replace the mp3 in the project and render it again...

about the extra scenes, we'll address that later, it seems like they're not long enough to need a particular soundesign, for now i'll just cut up some droning and synth sounds from your songs and splash them wherever there's need for it...

Wow, that's really nice! I can't believe I'm the only watmmer that gives two shits about this.

hyI9ItE.gif

I'd love to do something for the extended edition

here's a scene for you. :)

start @ 0m6s please, right when the scene changes from him looking at his bonnet to the scene where the building's doors open and a guy comes out through them...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3m4sk6gqjr728wc/watmmopolis_gocab.mkv

hey i need to know the actual username of the following artists, or some other contact, so that i can message them:

• stenotic
  • lights set north
  • margaret tatcher (i remember a member with this username but can't find it anymore...)
  • castrensis
  • cubus (i know this one just can't remember right now...)
  • khrimson
  • xiqhhyiecryn
  • mrx (apparently or he changed his username or he deleted his profile...)
  • u
  • adjective (same, i remember this username but can't find it on the forum anymore...)
  • amorphous humphrey plugg
  • dj handbrake
  • skink
  • xenocrates

thanks!

• cubus (i know this one just can't remember right now...)
That be me - Still have the .wav of my section if you need it.

yep, if you could host it somewhere or send it to me in whatever way is more suitable for you that would be a delight, thanks.

I'll try to have something suitable for you by Sunday, but I almost feel bad adding to this ancient scroll.

Damn, that's a long scene. I'll probably take longer.

I'll try to have something suitable for you by Sunday, but I almost feel bad adding to this ancient scroll.

Damn, that's a long scene. I'll probably take longer.

yo man, sup?

how is it going? when do you think you'll have it ready? :)

Early 2049. I have a couple of days off coming up, but just release it if you're done with everything.

Early 2049. I have a couple of days off coming up, but just release it if you're done with everything.

:^)

nah it's ok i'll wait, i'm in no hurries, as you said, you and me are the only ones who're giving 2 fucks about this, hehe

• 3 weeks later...

I am back. This is exciting. I gather that you are looking for WAVs, I'll see what I can do.

On another note, I just uploaded Project 168 Part 4 (from 2009) to Archive.org

https://archive.org/details/Project168004

yeah, if you still have them that would be perfect! :)

hey thanks for uploading p168 part_4, been waiting for this for a while, good job!

post-155-0-65835900-1520453458.png

24 tracks in total (23 segments but no 15 has two versions)

I have 16 as WAV, have sent them to T.I.M.J

The other 8 I only have as mp3. Also sent them to T.I.M.J

These are the ones we need wavs for:

• Seq02 - Stenotic - watmm name: Blanket Fort Collapse
  • Seq05 - Margaret Thatcher - watmm name: Margaret Thatcher
  • Seq09 - Xiqhhyiecryn - watmm name: Pawwa
  • Seq12 - Soundwave - watmm name: Soundwave
  • Seq14 - Kcinsu - watmm name: Kcinsu
  • Seq16 - Adjective - watmm name: Adjective
  • Seq17 - Amorphous Humphrey Plugg - watmm name: Kaini
  • Seq22 - Stenotic (again) - - watmm name: Blanket Fort Collapse

watmm names are what I had from 2010, some probably changed since.

With the extra scenes in the blueray - what are you going to do if an extra scene is right in the middle of an existing track?

History so far:

Original idea during Bracketology/most-idm 2008

Original project run by Squee and Rook, March 2008 - https://forum.watmm.com/topic/32457-metropolis-1927-soundtrack/

They got about half the tracks done, then kindly handed over to me in Sept 2009 - https://forum.watmm.com/topic/49033-metropolis-soundtrack-by-watmmers/

(It takes a long time because its hard for people to get the tracks done as fast as they think they can)

July 2010 - Poetry competition to see who gets to do the last sequence (14, Ksinsu wins) - https://forum.watmm.com/topic/58011-watmmopolis/

October 2010 - its complete but we are stuck with the original draft video cut up and timestamped by rook. Lots of discussion about re-doing in DVD quality

17th October 2010 - complete film unveiled and a bunch of watmmers watch it on synctube which was a service that lets you watch youtube playlists together https://forum.watmm.com/topic/60530-watmmopolis-is-now-complete/?hl=watmmopolis

Since 2010 I've been saying I'd redo the video from the DVD but I never got round to it.

Thanks T.I.M.J for picking this up

Archived