IGNORED

knives

Guest fiznuthian

knifes are wrong, if you carried a knife to "survival" do you also carry cans of food with you, rope and other stuff ?

a back pack full of stuff you need for surviving

A knife is a tool, first and foremost. As an added bonus, a knife is also an excellent form of defense and protection. It's usefullness and utility is unmatched by just about anything else you could possibly carry in your pocket.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest fiznuthian

knifes are wrong, if you carried a knife to "survival" do you also carry cans of food with you, rope and other stuff ?

im not even going to bother. :facepalm:

A knife is a tool, first and foremost. As an added bonus, a knife is also an excellent form of defense and protection. It's usefullness and utility is unmatched by just about anything else you could possibly carry in your pocket.

no food is better. you need food to life, if you dont have food you will die, you wont die from not having a knife :facepalm:

plus food will never kill somone (unless there a real pig or it is poison/infected)

why didnt it add to my last post like usually

no food is better. you need food to life, if you dont have food you will die, you wont die from not having a knife :facepalm:

im not even going to bother. :facepalm:

Guest fiznuthian

okay we get it sup, you're afraid of knives the scary people who use them. :rolleyes:

clearly this not the thread for you.

here's a more pleasant thread

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/62496-thread-of-dreams/

i almost stranded myself many miles away from help accidentally locking myself out of my truck a couple times,

and if i didn't carry a ka-bar knife then i would have been in for a rough journey.. swore it wouldn't happen

again after the first but i fucked up again and thankfully still carried it on my side.

Mostly.

If my Dad see's a knife thats blunt he always sucks in his breath and says 'Fuck me,I could ride that bare-arsed to London.' Or,'Bleedin''ell,this has got shoulders on like 'Ercules.'

Always.

Yes there is something about a good knife. Nothing looney but warm and comforting. I do a lot of outdoor shit so need one, but when I am at home I am happy knowing I have a good blade to hand, and I mean this in the most positive way.

I got one of these

http://www.fallkniven.com/a1f1/f1_en.htm

i have a small SOG Micron, that i keep on my keychain, it has come in handy for SO many situations

i also have a custom handmade bushcraft knife, similar to the one ray mears had built for him on his show

i used to collect but i dont see the point now, this country is fucked

if i forgot to take the sog off my keychain in an airport id probably be locked away, its pathetic

Edited by kaen

Upon opening this thread I wasn't too sure about it. Then upon further consideration, my father always carried a knife and I'm seeing the benefits in getting a solid one now as well, even just to keep in the office/studio for mundane tasks.

But then I'm not sure if my laziness would just take over and I'd reach for scissors like I always do...or worse yet...use my car keys to cut tape on packages...

stabbing package boxes is fun like popping bubble wrap!

Would totally be following you there if 90% of the packages I received were not vinyl LPs...gotta have a tender hand with opening those!

When I was a teenager, I collected knives. Not fancy ones, just ones that I thought looked cool.

I don't collect them any more, but I do cary a little folding knife in my pocket. Useful in so many situations, but mainly I use it at work, opening boxes, etc. Much easier to just have a tiny knife in my pocket, than to have to always ask "where did the box cutters go?"

Guest fiznuthian

Yes there is something about a good knife. Nothing looney but warm and comforting. I do a lot of outdoor shit so need one, but when I am at home I am happy knowing I have a good blade to hand, and I mean this in the most positive way.

I got one of these

http://www.fallkniven.com/a1f1/f1_en.htm

:wub: :wub: :wub:

i love fallkniven!