IGNORED

Fantasy festival line-up

Guest Stoppit

Guest Stoppit

At work we've been asked to create a dream festival lineup, featuring 12 artists/bands (no restrictions, can be retired or dead). Now they've asked us to make a CD featuring one track from each artist, and they will play it in the store (which will be interesting). I've decided on my lineup, but I'm still open to suggestions about the tracks. There can't be too much swearing, which is going to make it a little more difficult. Currently, my playlist is:

The Focus Group & Belbury Poly___________The Hidden Door (Belbury Poly track, I'm imagining the two of them doing a joint set)

A Tribe Called Quest_____________________Midnight

Squarepusher___________________________-

Source Direct___________________________Mind Weaver

Company Flow__________________________Collude/Interlude

Public Enemy___________________________Black Steel In The Hour Of Chaos

Kraftwerk_______________________________It's More Fun To Compute

Drexciya_______________________________Lab Rat 3 (technically a Stinson solo track, I know)

Autechre_______________________________-

MF DOOM______________________________Monkey Suite (Madvillain)

Aphex Twin_____________________________Windowlicker

Wu-Tang Clan___________________________Protect Ya Neck

This took many hours of deliberation, and lots of artists had to be left out, including a lot of ambient/droney stuff which would have been nice, but I decided to keep it a little more up-tempo.

I'm still trying to decide on the Squarepusher and Autechre tracks. Bear in mind, anything I put on the speaker dock in the stockroom is usually met with disdain (I thought Plaid would be fairly inoffensive..apparently not). I'm already anticipating the Source Direct track will drive customers from the shop. I should point out that I work for a large music/film/game retailer, and we usually have current chart music playing in the store.

Please post any suggestions, or your own fantasy lineup etc etc.

Maybe something from d'Demonstrator for Squarepusher? Pretty accessible, if maybe a little unrepresentative of a lot of his older stuff. Not sure about Ae, although I'd avoid Confield. Possibly something from the Tri Rep era? Also, maybe some Moon Wiring Club could be added for a bit more of the 'H' word. Again, pretty accessible and it's got beats and stuff for the kids.

Guest Stoppit

Good thinking on the d'Demonstrator Caretsik...maybe Megazine? (although severely tempted to put Steinbolt on just to watch the reactions). As for Ae, I'd like to put something more recent on, but it could be tricky. I'd enjoy all 15 minutes of Sublimit, but I'm not sure anyone else would...perhaps something shorter from Quaristice, Oversteps or Move of Ten. And I'd love to put some Moon Wiring Club on, but unfortuntely I have to stick to the artists listed above. There isn't really enough of the 'H word' represented in my list; if I could I'd get some Advisory Circle, Mordant Music, Caretaker and Demdike Stare in there as well.

Good thinking on the d'Demonstrator Caretsik...maybe Megazine? (although severely tempted to put Steinbolt on just to watch the reactions). As for Ae, I'd like to put something more recent on, but it could be tricky. I'd enjoy all 15 minutes of Sublimit, but I'm not sure anyone else would...perhaps something shorter from Quaristice, Oversteps or Move of Ten. And I'd love to put some Moon Wiring Club on, but unfortuntely I have to stick to the artists listed above. There isn't really enough of the 'H word' represented in my list; if I could I'd get some Advisory Circle, Mordant Music, Caretaker and Demdike Stare in there as well.

Ah, right. Maybe 'nth Dafuseder.b' from MOT? depends on how well received the pan-pipes are likely to be I suppose. And yeah, 'Megazine' could do the job.

Archived