IGNORED

Phe_ (Milieu) & Wisp / Mrs Jynx / EOD

Mellow U

1417476027-1.jpg

Hello WATMM!

This album contains 40 minutes of braindancey ambient techno by yours truly, augmented by 7 stellar remixes by Wisp (Rephlex), Mrs Jynx (Planet Mu), EOD (030303), David Tagg (Install), Night Sequels (Attacknine), Casio Commander and UK DJ Simon Meredith!

Additionally, this is the first release for my new label RECYCLED PLASTICS, which will be a purveyor of fine braindance and bedroom ambient goods for hopefully years to come. So feel free to "like" the label on Facebook, pass it around to your friends, whatever! I am pretty excited about all of it.

Also, all cash from this release goes towards my cat Basil's chemotherapy costs - so if you're keen on braindance and cats then this could be a record made just for you! If you're curious about Basil, or would like to know more about how you can help him get better, you can visit his page here.

Check out Recycled Plastics here:

Click!

Or for instant gratification, here is the Bandcamp page where you can hear the whole album, buy it, etc...

Click!

I have 10 euro in my paypal account. If I order from Mrs Jynx can I afford it I wonder. :shrug:

Anyway, I'll figure it out. But you sir are giving out the good musics lately. I wish your cat well.

I have 10 euro in my paypal account. If I order from Mrs Jynx can I afford it I wonder. :shrug:

Anyway, I'll figure it out. But you sir are giving out the good musics lately. I wish your cat well.

Thank you! For this release, I am the only one carrying it right now, here in the states, but it will soon be carried in Japan at Linus Records as well. I'll email around some shops in the UK and see if I can get it carried on that side of the globe, but if you know a specific UK/EU shop you like to buy records from, you could always go ask them to carry the album!

Guest arbee

woah, new album, new moniker, new label. that is big stuff mister ! I really like what I'm hearing so far... will continue to listen tonight. good job !

will definitely be checken!

Killer! I hope you dig on what you hear...

woah, new album, new moniker, new label. that is big stuff mister ! I really like what I'm hearing so far... will continue to listen tonight. good job !

Thanks man. You know me. Always taking simple ideas and making them 10x more complicated! But then, that's arguably what :braindance: is all about!

Can't wait for this. Congrats on the new label Brian. : )

This Cat shall be having donations forthcoming.

Thanks so much Paul - I just got your order/donation. Basil's sitting next to me right now, his little paws opening and closing in anticipation of what will certainly be more treats following his fourth chemo visit tomorrow morning.

Guest tibbar

just wanted to say i'm honored to have my mix on this disc, with so many other insanely awesome artists... but most of all, i'm happy that i could lend a hand and help out my friend and a very good cause. <3 basil!

Thanks JP and Mike! Much appreciated. I'm fresh out of bed and on the way to Basil's fourth week of chemo right now, so here's hoping I have some good news to report in a few hours.

simon meredith is very underrated

Oh yeah I would agree! First time I saw him was opening for a double bill night with Tiesto and Oakenfold and he just blew those guys out of the water!

I heard a rumor that he stashed several copies of his first few 7"s inside cereal boxes throughout the London area.

Guest tibbar

I heard a rumor that he stashed several copies of his first few 7"s inside cereal boxes throughout the London area.

love to hear that shit

sounding way phunky streaming bandcamp thru beach hut ghettoblaster down under, beach cat even dropped in to listen too

Thanks man! I love Beach Cat!

Meow indeed. Awesome tunes. Can't wait to hold shiny CD.

Thanks Paul - I'm just as excited to get a copy of your new one!

Wish all the luck in the world to Basil! Purchased!

Tunes sound great. This++

Thank you sir! I'm amazed by people's support of this - it really is great to know people are both into the music and into helping my cat.

By the way, Brainchops posted a lovely review of the Phe_ album here:

http://www.brainchops.net/2011/03/phe-phe-2011-review.html

And also, anyone who has been keeping up with Basil's treatment can view PDFs of his medical notes here:

http://basil.milieu-music.com/

I just wanted to bump this to let everyone who purchased a copy/donated know that on 3/5 at 11:30 PM, Basil lost the fight with cancer and was put to sleep. It was real hard to watch him go but it was a relief in some ways, knowing that wherever he goes, he's not suffering.

Many gracious thanks to all of you who sent cash, nice words of support, or even just those of you who picked up a copy of this because you liked the tunes on it - it's all been quite appreciated, and your orders will ship very soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry about that. Any words when CD will be shipped?

I'm actually still working on it. LOADS of people bought this, way way more than I anticipated, and I'm still trying to catch up.

Archived