IGNORED

30 Minute Garageband Party

sheatheman

Rules:

1. Make track in garageband in 30 minutes or under. (If you have PC and can't use garageband, use another program but follow all rules below.)

2. No loops, virtual instruments only.

3. No quantization.

4. No MIDI controllers, must play everything in real time with a qwerty (or dvorak) keyboard.

5. May use audio recording only if it is you singing or making other noises using your body.

6. Any style. Bad is good. Good is impressive.

http://soundcloud.com/shea-mcgilvray/tropical-island-place

I'm going to start by setting the bar pretty high.

Rules:

1. Make track in garageband in 30 minutes or under. (If you have PC and can't use garageband, use another program but follow all rules below.)

3. No quantization.

4. No MIDI controllers, must play everything in real time with a qwerty (or dvorak) keyboard.

5. May use audio recording only if it is you singing or making other noises using your body.

how are you going to know if it's been played in by the computer keyboard as opposed to a MIDI controller keyboard?

answer: you aren't going to know.

Rules:

3. No quantization.

how are you going to know if it's been played in by the computer keyboard as opposed to a MIDI controller keyboard?

answer: you aren't going to know.

answer: this is all honor system, and the rules are just there as a framework as I won't purchase a ticket to where you live, rent a car, drive to your place of residence and fine you.

good question though. and also good that you seem to be able answer your own questions and put the whole process on display for people to see.

Does the OP realize garageband is very loop based?

No it's not. It has loops, so does every program.

This is supposed to be comical output. You guys really don't pick up on tone very well do you.

I've just completed mine but it sounds like shit and it isn't even funny. I don't want it to be my first WATMM-shared song ever

Yours is very impressive tho !!!

Maybe I'll try it one more time tomorrow...

i mainly thought it was silly because it's a garageband comp where you don't necessarily have to use garageband, should have just been called "make a track in half an hour". but maybe that's the joke part :shrug:

I've just completed mine but it sounds like shit and it isn't even funny. I don't want it to be my first WATMM-shared song ever

Yours is very impressive tho !!!

Maybe I'll try it one more time tomorrow...

it's supposed to be really bad, and come on mine is a joke. the point of this is to not take ourselves seriously.

whats garageband again?

it's this rlelly coool progmra with drum s and sytnhwesir and A GUITUR! i playd guirar so i kgrage band is grREAT!! also has realoy cool2 LOOSP! youcan use those and play ovver the1m!!

i mainly thought it was silly because it's a garageband comp where you don't necessarily have to use garageband, should have just been called "make a track in half an hour". but maybe that's the joke part :shrug:

i guess i mean use the laziest most impractical approach, doing one shot tracks with little to no polishing. garageband kind of gives off that vibe for me so yeah.

oh well, no one has posted anything yet, this has the potential to be funny.

Archived