IGNORED

Tom Middleton - Anthology

Rubin Farr

Just listened to Lifetracks again for the first time in what seems like ages and thoroughly enjoyed it. Lament and Larynx from the Excursions EP are really good too, I think they were Bleep and iTunes bonus tracks.

SWEET: at the start of "enchanting" the last track on "lifetracks", you can hear that eerie clock-hand sample he uses in 14:31 from GC's 76:14

Yes, that's right, Ob-Selon Mi-Nos, amazing track. I seem to remember reading somewhere he wrote it for his grandfather's funeral.

I hadn't heard this alternate title! Thanks for the info.

PS, did you ever check out that "top 100 IDM tracks" article that circulated some months back? Everyone was angry, but

it had some good tunes (it's just that it omitted many tunes, and also the order was weird). Anyway, due to the difficulty with

tracking pritchard/middleton aliases, there were something like 4-5 global communication tracks on there =)

Yes, that's right, Ob-Selon Mi-Nos, amazing track. I seem to remember reading somewhere he wrote it for his grandfather's funeral.

I got that wrong, just found the interview (in Volume 8)...

"Ob-Selon Mi-Nos was written after Tom's uncle's funeral where music he'd written for his family and people at the school where he taught was played."

Lament is a live version of Ob-Selon Mi-Nos from the big Chill Festival with Tom on Piano and a Choir

Tom's Discog:

1/2 of Global Communication, Link & E621, Reload & E621, (Mark was Link and Reload, Tom was E621, until on their later releases and remixes Reload came to include both of them) Jedi Knights, The Chameleon, and Secret Ingredients, all with Mark Pritchard.

As a solo artist Tom releases/has released as Amba, Cosmos, The Mod Wheel, Schizophrenia(Engineered/produced by RDJ), The Rebus Project, and Spiritcatcher.

Other collaborations include Fogcity with Mark Darby and Matthew Herbert, The Bays, Robortom with Rob Da Bank, and Aphex Twin with whom Middleton co-produced the track “En Trance To Exit” from the “Analogue Bubblebath” EP.

As Global Communication:

Keongaku EP (1992)

Pentamerous Metamorphosis (1993)

76:14 (1994)

Maiden Voyage (2xEP) (1994)

Remotion: The Global Communication Remix Album (1995)

The Way/The Deep EP (1996)

The Groove EP (1997)

Pentamerous Metamorphosis (1998 re-release)

76:14 10-Year Anniversary Remastered Re-Release (2xCD) (2005)

Fabric 26 (DJ Mix 1/2 by Mark Pritchard, 1/2 by Tom Middleton) (2006)

Back In The Box (2CD DJ Mix) (2011)

As Reload (at first, a Mark Pritchard solo project, later including Tom Middleton):

Reload EP (1992) - (Remaster/Reissue 2006)(Mark Solo)

Auto-Reload EP (1992) - (Remaster/Reissue 2006)(Mark Solo tracks 3&4, 1&2 Mark & Tom)

Amenity EP/Cyberdon EP (Reload Remixes) (1993) - (Cyberdon Remaster/Reissue: 2007) (Mark Solo)

A Collection of Short Stories (1993)(Mark & Tom)

Archives EP (1997) (Mark Solo)

As Reload & E621:

Auto-Reload EP (1992)

Auto-Reload EP Vol. 2 (1993)(Mark solo track 1, Tracks 2-5 Mark & Tom)

The Biosphere EP (1993)

Evolution Remaster/Reissue of Reload EP, Auto-Reload EP and The Biosphere EP (3x12") (2006)

As Link (Mark Pritchard Solo):

The First Link EP (1992) - (Remaster/Reissue: 2007)

The Augur EP (1993) - (Remaster/Reissue: 2007)

As Link & E621:

Antacid EP (1995)

As The Chameleon:

Links EP (1995)

As Secret Ingredients:

New York New York (1996)

Chicago Chicago (1996)

As Jedi Knights:

New School Science (1996)

The Big Ones EP (1997)

Return of the Jedis (Promo) (1999)

Jedi Selector (2000)

Evolution Records Compilation:

The Theory of Evolution (1995)

Remixes as Global Communication:

The Biosphere [Global Communication Remix] - Reload & E621 (1993)

Arcadian [Global Communication Remix] - Link (1994)

Natural High [Global Communication Re-Take] - Warp 69 (1994)

Wild Horse [Global Mix Communication] - Nav Katze (1994)

Rollercoaster [The Global Communication Yellow Submarine Re-Take] - The Grid (1994)

Evolution Of The Beast (Part 2) [Global Communication Mix] - Palmskin Productions (1994)

Ride [Global Communication Dub Mix] - Soft Ballet (1995)

Bless This [Global Communication Mix] - Jon Anderson (1995)

Amor Real [Global Communication Mix] - Jon Anderson (1995)

Jazz Carnival [Global Communication's Space Jazz Mix] - Azymuth (1996)

Civil War Correspondent [Global Communication Mix] - PJ Harvey & John Parish (1996)

Aspirin [Global Communication Remix] - Sensorama (1996)

Gorecki [Global Communication Mix] - Lamb (1997)

Remixes as Reload:

In Mind [The Reload 147 Take] - Slowdive (1993)

On [Reload Remix] - Aphex Twin (1993)

Crazy Dream [The Reload Retro 313 Future Memory Mix] - Nav Katze (1994)

Visual Cortex [The Reload Re-Difinition] - Schaft (1994)

Remixes as Jedi Knights:

Antacid [Jedi Knights Remix] - Link & E621 (1995)

Absorber [Jedi Knights Remixes 1 & 2] - Bomb The Bass (1995)

The Flow [Jedi Knights Remix] - Model 500 (1995)

Home [Jedi Knights Remix] - Depeche Mode (1997)

Afrika Shox [Jedis Elastic Bass Remix] - Leftfield (1999)

Jumbo [Jedis Electro Dub & Sugar Hit Remixes] - Underworld (1999)

Remixes as The Chameleon:

Evolution Of The Beast (Part 1) [The Chameleon Remix] - Palmskin Productions (1994)

Amazon Amenity [The Chameleon Remix] - Link (1995)

The Rest of Tom's Solo Discography is on or readily trackable via his Discogs Page

as said above, a majority of his post GC et al solo work has been Remixing and DJ Mixes...

7 DJ Mixes of almost all of Mark and Tom's Collaborative backcatalog is up for reference at my percussionab...

Also Further Info on "Ob-Selon Mi-Nos (Re-painted by Global Communication)" later known as 14:31, originally

released on the Mystic Institute "Cyberdon (Reload Remixes)" EP:

"Mystic Institute was Paul Kent from Cornwall who hired Mark Pritchard's studio to do an EP. They made A1 & A2(The track names a combo of Pritchard's and Kent's Post Codes) and since Mark basically wrote the tracks, they were credited as "Reload Remixes" and later appeared on the Reload "Amenity EP" credited only to Reload. The third track started as a track by Pritchard and Kent. Mark invited Tom Middleton to the studio who wrote a melody so strong that Mark scrapped his and Kent's initial work, and built a new song around that Melody, "Ob-Selon Mi-Nos (Repainted by Global Communication)" which was re-released as "14:31" on the Global Communication "76:14" album. The original version of "Ob-Selon Mi-Nos" was never released, and though Tracks A1 and A2 are refered to as "Reload Remixes" of QA-752L-P and NS-581A-T, unremixed versions of those tracks never existed."

Track Down His STAR WARS Essential Mix from 2005,

his Memory House History of the 808 and 909 mixes,

his BassMusic/Roots and Inspiration 86-92 mix, (all are on Mixcloud)

There's a great old school rave set he did floating out there somewhere but the link I had for it is down...

Also musts:

his "The Trip" 1&2 Mixes

A Jedi's Night Out

Sound of the Cosmos

Weekend Warmup 1 & 2

Will do, never heard of that Star Wars essential mix. I've got the Jedi's Night Out mix but not listened to it for years. I used to own that Sounds of the Cosmos triple album but unfortunately sold it in my great house music purge of the early 00's, one of a few I regret selling.

This thread has had me on a bit of a Reload/Global Comm binge the last few days

...Which makes me wonder, wtf did Paul Kent do, besides name stuff?

I don't think I have that Star Wars mix but I do have Renaissance 3D which was like his other 3 disc follow up to The Sound of the Cosmos. Also love his Kalahari 12" (Which was like a Sven Vath set staple track) and the last one Space Steps EP with that tribute to Kenny Hawkes which is beautiful. Not to mention the double debut single from his own label Sound of the Cosmos that doesn't have any of Tom's music but is very nice. Hayhook and I have been long time Pritchard/Middleton whores together.

Oh shit then there's the WYV AUW CHU / GODA CEE YUU digital single. Silly names, good tunes.

One mix I listen to all of the time is the TM Peaktime Mix Oct10

The Tom_Middleton_LIVE_audio_tonic_360_071212 mix is nearly 3 hours.

And the tom middleton 2 hour TEX Feb 2012 mix is deceptively 1 hour long.

I'm barely an MBV fan but isn't he a bit perfectionist with even conventional release of shit? If it is the case than I can only assume any soundclown dump would be the work of a jilted lover equivalent to revenge pron

And so we dont go and confuse our Toms I implore one Mr. Middleton for more dtls pls

• 3 weeks later...

a "Rare" Tom Middleton Track up on his Soundcloud.

A croony, chilled house number from the early '00s,

could easily be an outtake off of Herbert's "Bodily Functions" LP (that's a good thing)

Was announced as originally released on the Glasstracks EP (but only the UK Itunes version of it)

though I never was able to track it down (2 other tracks that were exclusive to the UK Itunes release also never saw the light of day)

labeled as Unreleased on his Soundcloud listing

https://soundcloud.com/tommiddleton/tom-middleton-shining-feat-even-johansen

Archived