IGNORED

Neon Knome/Problem Solverz

murve33

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw9O-HO5A84&feature=feedlik

I'm absolutely in love with Neon Knome. The sense of humor is so weird. Sadly it will forever remain an [Adult Swim] pilot. It has, however, evolved into a Cartoon Network show now called "Problem Solverz".

What pisses me off is that [Adult Swim], a while back, pitted several pilots against eachother, and users voted on them. The shittiest shows ever were nominated, and that god awful Pop Singer CG bullshit won. I think Neon Knome and Snake and Bacon are phenomenal shows.

http://www.adultswim.com/promos/bkbuns2010/index.html

Anyway, discuss what you think of it. A couple episodes of Problem Solverz are on youtube as well. Many of them have more dislikes than likes. I guess it's too inaccessible :shrug:

Edit: Bah, I meant Adult Swim Pilot, Cartoon Network Show.

Well, I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd enjoy it, but to me it all looks too much like something someone would make when they're 12 & just installed Flash for the first time & want to upload something to Newgrounds. Except it's on TV for real & making mad cash probably.

Well, I'm sure there are plenty of people who'd enjoy it, but to me it all looks too much like something someone would make when they're 12 & just installed Flash for the first time & want to upload something to Newgrounds. Except it's on TV for real & making mad cash probably.

Eh, I think it's far better than anything I've ever seen on Newgrounds. The humor is too surreal, has too few ball shots, and no video game references, unlike NG content. I definitely feel like it was better than the winner of the contest, Cheyenne Cinnamon Twist. Looks like 90's CG.

It'd be right at home with the rest of [Adult Swim] imo. If the horribly dry, surreal, and slow paced 12 oz. Mouse can air, why not this?

In regards to making mad cash, it probably won't last more than a season. Little kids hate the show. Too busy watching Total Drama Island.

Guest Wall Bird

Holy crap.

By the look of it the Paper Rad Art Collective have been tapped to create programming for young people. This is both exciting and terrifying since they are responsible for some of the most ridiculous dadaist animation I've encountered. I'm gonna watch the rest of that episode when I get back from work and see just what they're up to.

Has anyone seen any of their CD-ROM releases from a few years back? Perhaps you could vouch for the ridiculous nature of what they've done.

an ex roommate picked up a dvd from these guys at a record shop a few years ago....very strange and very hilarious

cut scenes of cats and tripping on acid i believe was the theme.

I watched the last episode. didn't base an opinion on the it.

but as far as Adult Swim and Cartoon Network goes, it seems like CN have been airing shows that would almost qualify for an AS show. Adventure Time, Regular Show, and Problem Solverz seems like shows that would be on AS.

that being said. I love Regular Show!

that being said. I love Regular Show!

Me too. Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack also was pretty Adult Swimmy sometimes.

I liked the episode where they were racing some dickhead guy, and he started shooting orphans out of a cannon at Flapjack and K'nuckles.

I have got to catch up on venture bros myself..

From someone who loved athf, sealab, brak, tom goes to the mayor wondreshowzen and honestly thought the weirdness peaked (in a good way) with perfect hair forever and 12 oz mouse none of the adult swim shows in the last few years have clicked with me.

Will give the above mentioned ones a go tho, have not seen :)

ps: lol @ neon knome youtube above - love it

yeah food. the earlier shows you listed I was totally down with. Other shows I liked that metal one. I was a huge fan of tom goes to the mayor, but I never got into the tim & eric show. I did however enjoy Check It Out. But I watched Check It Out online cuz I didn't stay up late around the time it aired.

but yeah... regular show is where it's at. even my 5 year old son likes it, but there are times that I have to block the tv when he's watching.

Holy crap.

By the look of it the Paper Rad Art Collective have been tapped to create programming for young people. This is both exciting and terrifying since they are responsible for some of the most ridiculous dadaist animation I've encountered. I'm gonna watch the rest of that episode when I get back from work and see just what they're up to.

Has anyone seen any of their CD-ROM releases from a few years back? Perhaps you could vouch for the ridiculous nature of what they've done.

yeah i've seen it, also they are similar to the forcefield art collective and fort thunder and transmodern n stuff...tis good

Guest Space Coyote

Neon Knome was quite good. I've added Problem Solverz to my list of things to watch but it sounds like if they softened it up a bit then it isn't going to appeal as much

Totally for Teens needs to be picked up.

I went into Totally for Teens wanting to like it but the episode didn't really do anything for me. Considering who makes it though I would still be keen for it get picked up and see what they can do with it in a proper 22 minute episode format.

For anyone that is wondering why we're talking about this here - TFT is another one of these one-off pilots from Adult Swim that Murveman mentioned.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find this Neon Knome/Problem Solverz thing is tied to PFFR somehow.

Guest futuregirlfriend

Considering who makes it though I would still be keen for it get picked up and see what they can do with it in a proper 22 minute episode format.

It wasn't the best, but yeah, that's my thinking.

Neon Knome was quite good. I've added Problem Solverz to my list of things to watch but it sounds like if they softened it up a bit then it isn't going to appeal as much

Totally for Teens needs to be picked up.

I went into Totally for Teens wanting to like it but the episode didn't really do anything for me. Considering who makes it though I would still be keen for it get picked up and see what they can do with it in a proper 22 minute episode format.

For anyone that is wondering why we're talking about this here - TFT is another one of these one-off pilots from Adult Swim that Murveman mentioned.

I was also pleasantly surprised to find this Neon Knome/Problem Solverz thing is tied to PFFR somehow.

I didn't like Totally for Teens either. I really enjoyed Snake and Bacon. I saw that pilot a while back, and have always felt that it would work well on Adult Swim. It's pretty accessible too. I also thought Duckworth was pretty hilarious/interesting concept.

The other pilots (Yappy Broads, Southies, Soulquest) are super awful.

Problem Solverz (to me) like someone my age or a bit younger trying to capture the lameness of the late 80's- early 90's design esthetic and attempting to capitalize on the nostalgic aspect of it. Regular Show (which I actually like a lot due to the funny writing) does this at times too, with the pixelated video game references, etc.

Flapjack is awesome as well, as is Adventure Time (although AT falls victim to the above even more than Regular Show). The art style of Flapjack is excellent and unique.

Courage the Cowardly Dog is the grandaddy of all of these, and is still awesome today. Wished they'd make more episodes. 104 is not enough Courage!

Problem Solverz (to me) like someone my age or a bit younger trying to capture the lameness of the late 80's- early 90's design esthetic and attempting to capitalize on the nostalgic aspect of it. Regular Show (which I actually like a lot due to the funny writing) does this at times too, with the pixelated video game references, etc.

Adventure Time (although AT falls victim to the above even more than Regular Show).

Yea, what was once nerdy is all of a sudden trendy. Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World was pretty much completely based around this style.

I like it I guess (with the exception of SPVW, movie was shit imo). I wouldn't think the nostalgia works on the kids. They grew up with the PSX and N64.

Eh, maybe kids aren't even the target audience anymore, maybe we are.

Archived