IGNORED

Is jungle/dnb still alive?

J3FF3R00

I'm starting to notice lots of classic Jungle/DrumNBass producers have been making the switch to dubstep.

I feel like in NYC, jungle has been dead for a while.

After moving to LA, I've been getting my hopes up for a good jungle event or 2 and it seems like whenever something is labeled drum n bass, it basically means that it's probably gonna be dubstep.

:wtf:

Can someone shed some light?

Guest tht tne

dead n done imho

i mislike people calling things dead (cf. Yegg/painting), if anyone still enjoys it it's not dead

Guest yikes

"ain't no switching around here"

http://www.myspace.com/djremarc

see if the old lady can get a transfer to th uk cause its still poplin all over there and europe

this is tearing my face off right now

i need a link to the whole tune

also every spor mix i've heard thus far is totally insane

Guest tht tne

not sure why i named it that

maybe i will give it a listen but not right now, now it's harry potter time

dead n done imho

i mislike people calling things dead (cf. Yegg/painting), if anyone still enjoys it it's not dead

don't get me wrong the good stuff is still good but I'm also kinda sick of hearing it now

its nice to crank out a nice bouncy DnB/jungle mix now and again its just you won't see me rushing to any DnB nights any more if they still exist

lots of bangers in that mix... I used to have a few of those on vinyl back in the day when I used to mix DnB. I don't know much about new stuff but I still occasionally listen to the older stuff. maybe it had its time and place, but I wouldn't call it dead.

Guest Hanratty

i still want to hear jungle. lately i have been getting into some of the jazzy "intelligent" d n' b on moving shadow and good looking records, from mid 90s. I want people to make more like that, but maybe get some of the droney/dub techno wooshy sounds in there too.

I want to start djing out again. I have a fuckload of massive oldskool jungle joints on 12"s and I haven't busted them out since I sold my spare tables.

Would it even be possible to get a night at some bar spinning old skool jungle?

If no on my own, then I'd like to find other people to put together a regular night of old skool anything.

The NA scene is pretty much dead. Soundmurderer & SK-1 haven't made any jungle in a long time, and many others that were worth mentioning moved to dubstep as well. Not enough talent and dedication on this side of the pond to have kept that movement going. There are a few groups in socal that still play old/new jungle, as far as I know. There a lot of guys from socal on ragga-jungle.com, so you might find something there. NYC is probably better with the original Konkrete Jungle guys still doing shows every month, last I remember. I don't really know much about the jungle scene outside of the east coast though...

The NA scene is pretty much dead. Soundmurderer & SK-1 haven't made any jungle in a long time, and many others that were worth mentioning moved to dubstep as well. Not enough talent and dedication on this side of the pond to have kept that movement going. There are a few groups in socal that still play old/new jungle, as far as I know. There a lot of guys from socal on ragga-jungle.com, so you might find something there. NYC is probably better with the original Konkrete Jungle guys still doing shows every month, last I remember. I don't really know much about the jungle scene outside of the east coast though...

Yeah. That is about it, I guess. I don't even know if the Konkrete nights are still happening.

Nowadays, even Tech Itch is producing dubstep :facepalm:

Archived