IGNORED

Earth Heading For Mini Ice Age Within A Decade

BCM

It took a while to get back into action after it's down time, and they are predicting that this may then predicate some longer term solar downtime and hence a cooling period. Given that this probably is what happened last time and we've been observing and recording sunspots since Galileo, so have a reasonable record of solar activity.

Still the science is young, and we don't really know what's coming along. So we'll see, be interesting and yet frightening (for crop yields and much besides), if this turned out to be what was happening.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^

pretty much what arthur c. clarke predicted - at the end of the 21st century we'll actually be burning more fossil fuels to combat the cold.

So when it goes back to normal we'll die from heat.

Smart.

basically, nobody knows what the fuck is going on.

basically, no one can peel themselves away from their own lives to do anything about it anyway, so why should anyone care? most humans won't care

until their lives are in jeopardy and even then, most are so stupid and intoxicated by the experience of life that they wouldn't know what to do

regardless. even if the problems were plain as day (which they are), no one would believe anyone without proof ..and well, it's not as if there

is any proof around, the planet is obviously just fine

basically, no one can peel themselves away from their own lives to do anything about it anyway, so why should anyone care? most humans won't care

until their lives are in jeopardy and even then, most are so stupid and intoxicated by the experience of life that they wouldn't know what to do

regardless. even if the problems were plain as day (which they are), no one would believe anyone without proof ..and well, it's not as if there

it's called science, troon.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

or as beckett put it:

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better.

your science will be the end of us all, while we wait around for the results of your little tests. science has been more of a distraction and producer of modern distraction

devices then any good it's ever done

your point diverges .. where do you stand my dear lad.

your science will be the end of us all, while we wait around for the results of your little tests. science has been more of a distraction and producer of modern distraction

what do you propose as an alternative?

doing the right thing and knowing what that is

and how do you tell what the right thing is?

(or, what do you think the scientific method is)?

figuring out what the right thing is hinges on understanding.

understanding hinges on the scientific method.

read the wiki article, you blind, wilfully ignorant person or persons.

(i would add that sharing an account is explicitly against the rules, yet you've made it clear that this is the case with 'troon' more than once. the only reason you've gotten away with it is because absolutely everything you say is so fucking nebulous and vague)

what a perfect troon response.

s_w32_50911196.jpg

Guest glasse

(i would add that sharing an account is explicitly against the rules, yet you've made it clear that this is the case with 'troon' more than once. the only reason you've gotten away with it is because absolutely everything you say is so fucking nebulous and vague)

I just read the entire rules. I looked for this and could not find it. Maybe it is an unwritten rule but that is different than an explicit rule. Not that I am defending sharing an account, just curious where you got this from?

Guest theSun

I just read the entire rules. I looked for this and could not find it. Maybe it is an unwritten rule but that is different than an explicit rule. Not that I am defending sharing an account, just curious where you got this from?

rolled

It's implied in the multiple accounts section.

Archived