IGNORED

Earth Heading For Mini Ice Age Within A Decade

BCM

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

clearly the mexicans takin ur jerbs are increasing body heat in the nothurn hemisphere and cooling in the southurn, therefore making the earth end in 2012. it's science.

general info about the relationship between the earth's climate, and one of the earth's favorite go-to climates, the ice age:

Chaos theory and global warming: can climate be predicted?

Chaos and Climate

Past Climate Cycles: Ice Age Speculations

warning, i haven't actually read that last one - my small bit of knowledge on this subject is mostly from reading james gleick's book on the original researchers in chaos theory

we can't even get tomorrow's weather right, how can anyone take this prediction seriously?

yea I'm in this camp. sensational article is sensational. although my thoughts on climate change are coming around.

we can't even get tomorrow's weather right, how can anyone take this prediction seriously?

yea I'm in this camp. sensational article is sensational. although my thoughts on climate change are coming around.

it's far easier to predict longterm climate change accurately than it is to predict a 5-day forecast (or so it seems). clouds and other things that might affect your short-term exhibit similar chaotic (in the strict mathematical definition) properties to turbulence in liquids, although slower. long-term predictions don't have that disadvantage, or at least definitely not as much. think of it this way: if [YOUR SPORTS TEAM OF PREFERENCE] win 19 games in a row and then lose one, what is more likely - that they lose the next one, or win it?

it's far easier to predict longterm climate change accurately than it is to predict a 5-day forecast (or so it seems). clouds and other things that might affect your short-term exhibit similar chaotic (in the strict mathematical definition) properties to turbulence in liquids, although slower. long-term predictions don't have that disadvantage, or at least definitely not as much. think of it this way: if [YOUR SPORTS TEAM OF PREFERENCE] win 19 games in a row and then lose one, what is more likely - that they lose the next one, or win it?

I don't know, I mean I get what you're saying but a longer term prediction has so many more variables that can't be accounted for.

^

pretty much what arthur c. clarke predicted - at the end of the 21st century we'll actually be burning more fossil fuels to combat the cold.

Wait hold on... I thought like just last month, and earlier this month the sun had been really active, like the HUGE solar flares and such... now they're saying it's been inactive wtf? :wtf:

Archived