IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

When informed that my signing bonus was prone to taxation, I thought they might take up to 30% out of the amount. But it ended up being 48% taken out. Fuck, my plans for furnishing my apartment with the money is now severely crippled

you sound like a tea party member

taxed enough already

good point, I should be okay with half of my money being taxed

Came home from work and saw that my dog has just pissed on video game collection.

+ the smashed Iphone. I feel pretty unlucky lately.

stupid first world materialism problems.

Edited by Npoess

Guest A/D

I wasted almost my whole movie time yesterday trying to find something streaming I wanted to watch on netflix. I wanted some kind of techno thriller . . something with lots of running, hiding, clever escapes, and surveillance . . I had already seen everything that was available (Bourne) and everything else wasn't streaming. I went with The Next Three Days. The escape was fun but altogether, mediocre film.

My entertainment experience was mediocre.

When informed that my signing bonus was prone to taxation, I thought they might take up to 30% out of the amount. But it ended up being 48% taken out. Fuck, my plans for furnishing my apartment with the money is now severely crippled

taxed enough already

if your government provides things like free healthcare & free higher education, it should be ok.

if they don't, you're just getting fucked over, innit.

taxed enough already

if your government provides things like free healthcare & free higher education, it should be ok.

i think more importantly than that, this is stupid first world problems—chunky must have missed the thread title. but no, no free health care or anything. 48% just taken out for "payroll taxes".

I wasted almost my whole movie time yesterday trying to find something streaming I wanted to watch on netflix. I wanted some kind of techno thriller . . something with lots of running, hiding, clever escapes, and surveillance . . I had already seen everything that was available (Bourne) and everything else wasn't streaming. I went with The Next Three Days. The escape was fun but altogether, mediocre film.

My entertainment experience was mediocre.

have you seen HANNA ? it's like that and quite good.

taxed enough already

i think more importantly than that, this is stupid first world problems—chunky must have missed the thread title. but no, no free health care or anything. 48% just taken out for "payroll taxes".

Theoretically you should get most of that back at income tax time.

The way they do taxes is based on an annualization of your cheque. For example, if you have 26 pay periods and the cheque was 10000$, they tax the 10000$ cheque as though you'd make 260000$ a year, even though your other cheques might only be 2500$ every 2 weeks instead of 10000$....So when you go to do your income taxes, the % you were taxed on the 10000$ cheque that is more than your average tax rate will be refunded...

Edit: you probably know that already, I shouldn't have typed that up. But the bright side is you get it back!! =)

Edited by StephenG

Guest iep

Came home from work and that my dog has just pissed on video game collection.

lol! my old incontinent cat (hag <3) pissed all over one my of electrical outlet extenders, which caused a fuse to blow

and almost burned my lab down

Guest boo

woke up at 3:30 am, made a cafetiere (sucks not having a coffee machine or espresso thing) of coffee, took it upstairs, threw tobacco etc on floor next to bed, tipped cafetiere over the floor.. which drowned my tobacco and lighter. somehow everything came out unharmed though, other than rizlas but i have more of those. so that's the gods telling me i should smoke and drink coffee. went and made up some more coffee. guess i put too much coffee in, because the plunger wouldn't go far down, and i only an espresso shot worth of coffee dribbled out (i put way more water in).. so i added more water and ended up with a watery shit americano tasting shitty cofffee.

Guest Sprigg

I'm having dark souls/ dead space withdrawals but I sold my xbox... and my car died so I can't afford to buy another one.

Came home from work and that my dog has just pissed on video game collection.

lol! my old incontinent cat (hag <3) pissed all over one my of electrical outlet extenders, which caused a fuse to blow

and almost burned my lab down

Fucking pets man. Ungrateful little shits.

Edited by Npoess

I want to get a bread roll and some seafood sauce to have at lunch on my lunch break. They are both in different shops so it will severly cut down my lunch hour if I get both.

Guest iep

I want to get a bread roll and some seafood sauce to have at lunch on my lunch break. They are both in different shops so it will severly cut down my lunch hour if I get both.

give them a call and insist on them delivering the food. worked for me in the past.

I was going to continue listening to Smashing Pumpkins' Melancholy etc. for the first time in x years, but apparently disc 2 is missing. The first disc was finally hitting all the right spots both musically and productionwise for me, so I was pretty stoked about disc 2 as I recall always liking that one more. Fuck. So much for my nostalgia kick.

*DOUBLEFUCK! I thought i had found the solution in deciding to listen to David Bowie's Heathen for the first time in x years, but it turns out the first and most important disc is missing from that one too. What the hell??? Terrible start to my day...

I ate an whole packet of ginger biscuits. I'm a piggie. So now i'll go for some exercise before bed, only to help rid myself of that sugar, rather than to help me lose weight.

lol i'm an ass, hrmm i mean a piggie.

I ate an whole packet of ginger biscuits. I'm a piggie. So now i'll go for some exercise before bed, only to help rid myself of that sugar, rather than to help me lose weight.

lol i'm an ass, hrmm i mean a piggie.

i drank ginger tea the other day and it was f;ing great!