IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

i found a 1BR place in bushwick for 1395 a month, awesome.

upon filling out paperwork, i find out the brokers fee is 2500.

a day+ later, i get a text from my broker saying the landlord now wants last month too.

that's an additional 1395.

i still owe 3990, which is now $5385. i don't have that much money right now. (still waiting on $1900+ in freelance work payment, some of which is almost a month overdue). even if i have to borrow from my parents, i'm mad worried i will lose the apartment. fuck

Man, I've always heard New York was expensive, but fuck! Is it a nice place?

New York is expensive, but the real issue here is dealing with insane brokers fees (15% of the total rental price for the year), and shiesty landlords who withhold important payment information. $1395 for a 1BR is really reasonable in Bushwick.

The place is sweet though, four blocks from the L, one from the M subway lines, has a balcony, central heat, dishwasher, huge closet space, nice-sized kitchen. Honestly kind of lucked out, as long as the landlord approves me for the lease.

Guest Alfred E. Neuman

i found a 1BR place in bushwick for 1395 a month, awesome.

upon filling out paperwork, i find out the brokers fee is 2500.

a day+ later, i get a text from my broker saying the landlord now wants last month too.

that's an additional 1395.

i still owe 3990, which is now $5385. i don't have that much money right now. (still waiting on $1900+ in freelance work payment, some of which is almost a month overdue). even if i have to borrow from my parents, i'm mad worried i will lose the apartment. fuck

Man, I've always heard New York was expensive, but fuck! Is it a nice place?

New York is expensive, but the real issue here is dealing with insane brokers fees (15% of the total rental price for the year), and shiesty landlords who withhold important payment information. $1395 for a 1BR is really reasonable in Bushwick.

The place is sweet though, four blocks from the L, one from the M subway lines, has a balcony, central heat, dishwasher, huge closet space, nice-sized kitchen. Honestly kind of lucked out, as long as the landlord approves me for the lease.

Can't front on that. I'm paying $1500 for my new 1br in Toronto. Fuuuuuuuuuu

I wanna keep playing piano but one of my neighbors complained last time I pianoed it up after 10pm. Gonna have to go on a walk with the new meshuggah instead.

Strangely, I've never encountered that in the two years I've lived in my current flat. I frequently play guitar, work on tracks or play records past 10pm and despite my paranoia, nobody has complained..

My first place was like that I think just because it was so well sound proofed. Unfortunately we were just pawns they were keeping around until the building was renovated so they could rent or sell to someone else for way more money. The next suite I had was the bottom floor of a house, and we could be as loud as we wanted at all hours simply because the tenants above liked to do the same. In the place I'm currently in I still get away with watching movies with the volume cranked at 2am, but piano's another story I guess because the vibrations carry through the floor and the sound is constant.

Oh yeah, and my current first world problem is that my laptop's monitor is suddenly way darker than it should be. It does most of the Windows startup screen at normal brightness, then darkens partway through and remains dark. The effect is also apparent on external monitors that i connect to my computer. Does this mean the inverter needs to be replaced, or is it something else?

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

Fucking cleaning house and doing backyard work for Easter. Lame.

Edited by ZiggomaticV17

The Japanese system of party politics is not conducive to writing easy analysis. Feeling jilted by other nation's history and sovereignty.

Guest viscosity

trying to finish up my BA. I've been taking classes elsewhere as a non-matriculated student and everything has been transferring over fine. now I'm trying to get my last 10 credits over the summer at my base school but apparently I'm Withdrawn and can't reapply till spring 2013, meaning I might not be able to graduate until next year. it just really puts a damper on my plans.. these last 10 creds aren't even for my major

fuck technicalities like that, it's such BS.

^^ lol

i e-mailed one of the guys from this band Woods, who runs a studio in BK called Rear House. He liked the two tracks I sent him(!!!), and gave me the dayrates for the studio, but I don't have any bandmates and I don't know if he has instruments there because I don't have a bass or drums and I'm too scared to ask now :(

I don't know if he has instruments there

don't worry man, that's a totally normal question for a pro to ask. go for it.

my feet are cold, but i don't like wearing socks.

I can relate to this so much. I once considered slippers and it was even worse.

Guest Sprigg

A chunk fell off the engine block on my car somehow and I spewed oil all over the road before it died completely... a mile from my house. A $100 tow bill later, and I find out my car is completely fucked, and an eight year old engine with 90,000 miles on it would cost me $2800. I have $500 in savings and am getting $520 from a junkyard... so $1000 for another car, and my plans for getting my nursing assistant license have been delayed at least three or four months. Fuck.

On the plus side, I have a job interview on friday!

hey anyone can relate to this. To me it appears as some sort of group dynamic thing. where someone tries to occupy your best friend sort of thing. If he lets that happen and does not care, does not even inform you about the trip n stuff, fuck him. don't waste your energy on this. you're probably much younger than I am, at my age that kind of group shit just stops, or you don't care. In fact after your out of school, and/or out of college many ppl fall into a social hole. Lots of social contacts / so called best friends just dissappear. At that time ppl switch so serious relationships / family. Some don't. In fact you're lucky if you keep a handfull (at best) of true friends, that will accompany your life, even if you don't see them in years. as soon as you meet its like everything is just fine as it used to be.