IGNORED

Aphex in Finland last weekend

perunamuusi

The closing track to the show, looks excellent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6Kgcgicoc

this was playing as i came back from pissing 20 yds away (straight after rude attitude (i think))

i headed straight to the back of the tent (an open air bar) and nearly puked from dancing and went to buy a lonkero (pictured) and sat down for a fag where some woman told me i looked like a nazi (based on my "aggressive dancing")

apparently she thought aphex was "interesting" but was only there because "her boyfriend liked him"

3143ts3.jpg

Guest Masonic Boom

3143ts3.jpg

What the ?!?!? Finns are insane and weird and I love you lot for making and drinking shit like that!

(great t-shirt, too)

All these visuals look utterly spectacular, I was looking at pictures from Sonar as well, where you could see the bigscreen stuff really clearly, bits of incredibly beautiful trippy stuff, then utter mindfuck a moment later. It's playful and often very funny - I've always loved the genderfuck stuff he does - I thought those images for that clip of 4 (4! live! wau!) were hugely subversive and absolutely typical for him. Take this hugely slick, late capitalist "here is an image of expensive consumer goods positioned near an attractive woman's punani to gimmick you into desiring cars" and replace her face with his face, your face, audience members' faces - as if to say "who's the product? Am I the product? are you the product? is this sexy? is this ugly?" Maybe it's just intended as pure nightmare fuel, but it works on so many deeper levels - it's actually very clever as well as just playful headfuck stuff.

regarding the original 15 minute clip, is that the ceremony music from eyes wide shut that he's using?

edit.. at around six minutes and beyond

Yup

Archived