IGNORED

Premier League Season 2011-2012

Guest Gary C

Jesus.

I finally got around to watching the Arsenal highlights and I was genuinely close to tears. I never expected us to do anything other than lose, but wow, that was stunning.

Man U had plenty of class. Some brilliant goals, but everything about Arsenal at the moment stinks and I simply can't understand how this has been allowed to happen.

Cesc going was inevitable. We should have had a replacement signing lined up. Nasri going was unfortunately timed, but we've been letting our contracts run out and refusing to up our wage-system in competition with the other Top 6 teams. Van Persie and Walcott only have two years remaining, can anyone seriously believe they'll sign an extension this season?

Something is deeply rotten, but why hasn't it been made public what it is? I don't think it's solely Wenger and I don't think he should be sacked. Hell, he's only got two years left on his contract at the moment too...

It's board level. We've got a shady American and a non-committal Russian who both refuse to take full control and are seemingly happy to watch the club deteriorate in the stalemate.

Wenger has his faults, but I believe that if he had people above him who held his hand through the transfer windows we'd be getting things done much quicker and much more boldly. He needn't worry about his ideals being ignored, but just make one marquee signing a season at least. It's reinforcements not replacements.

It looks as though we're going to sign a Korean striker and a Brazilian left-back who does tricks in his own half.

And that about sums it up. All the decent signings have been made already and new contracts have been signed.

I laughed last season when Liverpool started so badly. I gleefully watched them slip into semi-serious relegation candidates, but Arsenal are looking ten times worse at the moment. It's genuinely worrying.

It's been a hard start to the season. Even with a "full strength" side we probably would have lost against United. We'll beat Swansea in our next game, but the damage to our morale over the last six months will remain for years.

Liverpool have been making some silly signings, but at least they've bounced back mentally. With so many new faces they look to be really enjoying their football again. We're shattered.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that was a terrible side you guys fielded, so i don't take too much joy in trouncing you like that. Swansea would have beaten that side.

Your Korean striker will be alright (I watched him play as a teenager in Seoul lol). I can see him playing well with RVP. Your midfield is shit though. I mean who are your central midfielders? Song and.....the invisible Rosicky? Seriously, worse than ours (fuck I wish we'd signed Adam). Speaking of Liverpool, they're playing really well without Gerrard, and they have no European football. When Gerrard comes back, he's not gonna be the only player on the pitch who can do anything. They're gonna be strong FA Cup contenders. You guys will improve, but you'll be a top 10 team. That's fucking shocking. Shocking.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wow, there's something very wrong with his head. He might slowly start scoring again, but I don't think he'll ever be the same if he can't focus and make simple judgements anymore.

Oh, and John Terry continues to be a cunt. How can you argue with that? Fuck, I hope he gets seriously injured so I don't have to see or hear of him anymore.

He did touch the Swansea player. Ruthless tackle and the referee saw everything. Completely fair red card.

I agree with the red card, cause of the nature of the challenge. He didn't touch the Swansea player though. Watch in slow mo - freeze frame, HD, 3D whatever you like, you'll never see him touch the Swansea player. If had gotten him, do you think the Swansea player would have just popped up off the ground like he did?

It was a striker's tackle, really poor, but there was no malice in it.

Striker's tackle? It was two-footed. He's lucky he didn't connect because it could have been horrendous.

No-one should ever feel the need to dive in with both feet. It's a sign of a player losing control of himself and a mental weakness to even consider it.

What was his goal anyway? He couldn't have controlled it after having dived like that, so he would have been bluntly stamping the ball off the pitch for a throw-in to Swansea anyway. It's shockingly stupid and worthy of a straight-red.

Edit:

Also, the Swansea player started rolling around more theatrically after Meireles kicked the ball at his head. Another silly thing to have done.

Oh, and there's a shot of John Terry physically grabbing the ref to get his attention. No player should physically grab the fucking ref.

tldr; Everything about Chelsea stinks. Scum.

Yes Gary - that's called a striker's tackle cause they don't know how to tackle. Look at it again - there's no malice in it. He's not "losing his mental faculty".

And yeah Terry shouldn't be grabbing the ref.

Guest Gary C

Uh, another depressing weekend for Arsenal. I think it was the first time in my life that I fully expected Arsenal to lose a North London derby. It wasn't a humiliating defeat, but we were very poor in areas in which we used to excel. We just couldn't keep the ball and our distribution out of defence was laughable.

We scored. Gervinho should've put us 1-0 up in the first place. Maybe Van der Vaart's goal should have been disallowed, but it's not worth complaining about.

Wenger has said 'we played with the handbrake on'... and that's inexcusable frankly. Even if we didn't really have any homegrown players (Gibbs, lol) on the pitch you'd at least expect a team to rally themselves in such a match.

And now our best defender, Sagna, is out injured for at least 3 months too. We're so fucked. Just so fucked.

He did touch the Swansea player. Ruthless tackle and the referee saw everything. Completely fair red card.

I agree with the red card, cause of the nature of the challenge. He didn't touch the Swansea player though. Watch in slow mo - freeze frame, HD, 3D whatever you like, you'll never see him touch the Swansea player. If had gotten him, do you think the Swansea player would have just popped up off the ground like he did?

It was a striker's tackle, really poor, but there was no malice in it.

That's not just any Swansea player, that's Southend legend Mark Gower. Great to see him in the Prem. To be fair to Gower he came out and said there wasn't much contact but it was a reckless challenge and he had to get out of the way.

I thought red was the right decision, you can't make an out of control challenge like that

• 3 weeks later...

Archived