IGNORED

best all in one pc of 2011

keltoi

:facepalm: what part of "no macs" do people here find hard to understand?

"Should have..." :closedeyes:

Should have went the Mac route with bootcamp - they typically run Windows better than PCs do... even if you never used the OSX side of things, just having it for other tasks would be a nice side benefit.

sorry Joyrex, but since a Macintosh is actually and technically a PC, how can a Macintosh run Windows better than a PC?

if you like Macs, that's cool...but what you just said there is so full of Reality Distortion Field, it's no longer funny....just rather deluded.

They "typically run Windows better than PCs do" due to their hardware configurations, which as you so derpilly pointed out, are in fact PCs themselves.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:facepalm: what part of "no macs" do people here find hard to understand?

"Should have..." :closedeyes:

Should have went the Mac route with bootcamp - they typically run Windows better than PCs do... even if you never used the OSX side of things, just having it for other tasks would be a nice side benefit.

sorry Joyrex, but since a Macintosh is actually and technically a PC, how can a Macintosh run Windows better than a PC?

if you like Macs, that's cool...but what you just said there is so full of Reality Distortion Field, it's no longer funny....just rather deluded.

They "typically run Windows better than PCs do" due to their hardware configurations, which as you so derpilly pointed out, are in fact PCs themselves.

still makes no sense. what you are saying is "A PC runs Windows better than a PC".

OK, let's clarify:

An Apple-built PC runs Windows typically better than similarly-built non-Apple PCs.

Did I spell it out clear enough or is a diagram needed? :emotawesomepm9:

OK, let's clarify:

An Apple-built PC runs Windows typically better than similarly-built non-Apple PCs.

still makes no sense. a PC is a PC is a PC.

only difference between a Macintosh and a similarly built PC is the expensive fruit, stylish aluminium, and 'magic'.

none of which make Windows run any better.

Guest disparaissant

yeah the fact that apple techs in china put together the chinese parts doesn't make it better than a computer built by dell techs in china putting together the exact same chinese parts.

Guest disparaissant

Every computer I work with has the sad, persistent ache of distant suicides.

oof

punched me square in the whiteguilt

Way to go guys. Dells, HP's, Acers, Lenovo's, Mac's are all PC's. Built somewhere in suicidal China. With the same parts, but in a different box. Brilliant.

So essentially it doesn't really matter what you buy? What? Why are we having this discussion again?

OK, let's clarify:

only difference between a Macintosh and a similarly built PC is the expensive fruit, stylish aluminium, and 'magic'.

If you compare a "similarly built" PC, the fruit, aluminium and 'magic' come for free pretty much.

Consider that things such a screen not only measure by inches etc... Of course if you're the forgiving type... :spiteful:

OK, let's clarify:

Surely I'm not going to have to define 'similarly' to you - let's give this one more go:

iMac: i5 processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD

PC: i5 processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD

Both spec-wise are very similar, but of course the motherboards will be different, as will bus speeds, etc., hence the 'similar'. Go dig up some benchmark tests for Windows on a Mac vs on a similar PC and you'll see what I mean.

Also, try and build a PC with the same hardware spec as a Mac, and in some cases, the PC will come out more expensive parts-wise. Go figure.

OK, let's clarify:

Surely I'm not going to have to define 'similarly' to you - let's give this one more go:

iMac: i5 processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD

PC: i5 processor, 4GB RAM, 1TB HDD

Both spec-wise are very similar, but of course the motherboards will be different, as will bus speeds, etc., hence the 'similar'. Go dig up some benchmark tests for Windows on a Mac vs on a similar PC and you'll see what I mean.

Also, try and build a PC with the same hardware spec as a Mac, and in some cases, the PC will come out more expensive parts-wise. Go figure.

i give up.

Archived