IGNORED

best all in one pc of 2011

keltoi

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lol @ people spending all day with their arm raised for a vertical touch screen. Can you die from RSI and horrible ergonomics? I HOPE SO.

kel, i would hope i know a bit about this, and you're about as likely to figure out a custom build all-in-one as you are to get a custom-build laptop (beyond small cheap things) - i.e. not very

the VAIO l-series all-in-ones have a 1gb GPU and a nice big screen (i.e. http://www.sony.ie/product/vd-l-series/vpcl21s1e and http://www.sony.ie/product/vd-l-series/vpcl21m1e ) but they're overpriced.

why is all-in-one so important? for the look of the office? cos if so, fuck everything about that. for about 60% of the price of an all-in-one you could make a custom build and factor in another 10% on top of that and have the cubicle designed to hide everything but the screen. add in a wireless keyboard and it might as well be an all-in-one machine.

cheers bcm, that's the one i liked myself.

kel, i would hope i know a bit about this, and you're about as likely to figure out a custom build all-in-one as you are to get a custom-build laptop (beyond small cheap things) - i.e. not very

the VAIO l-series all-in-ones have a 1gb GPU and a nice big screen (i.e. http://www.sony.ie/product/vd-l-series/vpcl21s1e and http://www.sony.ie/product/vd-l-series/vpcl21m1e ) but they're overpriced.

why is all-in-one so important? for the look of the office? cos if so, fuck everything about that. for about 60% of the price of an all-in-one you could make a custom build and factor in another 10% on top of that and have the cubicle designed to hide everything but the screen. add in a wireless keyboard and it might as well be an all-in-one machine.

cheers kaini. yeah custom all-in-one's possibly pie in the sky at the moment.

my boss just seems to have his mind set on them. he likes his new gadgets, less wiring, less clutter, and the big screens are great for design work. i've told him we could just get big screens and upgrade our existing PCs but since we'll get a good deal with this client he's not too concerned about them being over-priced. i also said we wouldn't really use the touchscreen function so that would be a bit of a waste of money too. also, some of the pleb working stations are a bit tight on space so he wants to free some up. but they're for plebs! plebs don't need space they need to get the coffee made and man the fax!

baph- i said the same re touchscreen. as if i'm going to stretch across my desk all day... but that HP one tilts flat so you can set it into a sort of tablet/keyboard position.

well, I think they look ok! people say HP is rubbish and that, but I don't think they are really...no one would buy the fucking things if they went wrong all the time...I think the HP hate is really just geek ire because HP isn't cool in those circles - in fact, nothing is cool in those circles unless you build it yourself. which is not always practical in the real world...

Guest Iain C

No complaints with the HP I use at work. It even has a fuck-off 24" monitor so I can write copy and fuck around on WATMM at the same time.

Should have went the Mac route with bootcamp - they typically run Windows better than PCs do... even if you never used the OSX side of things, just having it for other tasks would be a nice side benefit.

Should have went the Mac route with bootcamp - they typically run Windows better than PCs do... even if you never used the OSX side of things, just having it for other tasks would be a nice side benefit.

sorry Joyrex, but since a Macintosh is actually and technically a PC, how can a Macintosh run Windows better than a PC?

if you like Macs, that's cool...but what you just said there is so full of Reality Distortion Field, it's no longer funny....just rather deluded.

Archived