IGNORED

REPHLEX USA TOUR

Guest Bubz

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

all of these fools canceling gigs or tours left and right this year, but you know who comes through....fucking !!!Chk Chk Chk rocked this tiny little venue in a virtually unknown farming town in the middle of central California and just destroyed it. Amazing to see, and well done.

NYC SHOW CANCELED

FUCK

Reid, I'll take up a collection to have u play in my living room..cool???

Yeah :[

But I still may be in NYC for a visit. Still sorting that out.

Come down anyway. I will buy you beerz and we can all talk about synthesizers + games. Also see A/D's post I would pitch in a lil. I was so pumped for this show.We could just do watumm meetup maybes and all give wisp money to smoke a pipe and tell us old timey stories while sitting in a rocking chair.

Guest hahathhat

rephlex is a very ~exclusive~ record label and they will only play your city if you offer them thousands of earwigs.

Grant posted on facebook this morning saying that both NYC and Cleveland shows were cancelled. Ypsilanti and Chicago are now getting an "amended line-up". Reid posted about it on FB too and I asked if he knew what that meant, he said it was still being sorted out and he'll reply once he gets info.

NYC SHOW CANCELED

FUCK

Reid, I'll take up a collection to have u play in my living room..cool???

Yeah :[

But I still may be in NYC for a visit. Still sorting that out.

Come down anyway. I will buy you beerz and we can all talk about synthesizers + games. Also see A/D's post I would pitch in a lil. I was so pumped for this show.We could just do watumm meetup maybes and all give wisp money to smoke a pipe and tell us old timey stories while sitting in a rocking chair.

Make it like sometime in the week leading up to Halloween. I'll be out at A/D's place that week and we'll make it something special! Plenty of time to sort it, no?

• 2 weeks later...

Attention: Chicago shows have been canceled last minute. Pains me to do this, as canceling shows that have had months of hype is terrible, but some things are unavoidable. Apologies to anyone who planned on attending. To those willing to make the trek to Detroit: Ypsilanti show is still happening 100% ( with an amended lineup of course) , and will contain serious Braindance fire from the likes of Bogdan, Soundmurderer, Wisp, Dykehouse + More.

Trying to sort out amended dates for NYC in the relatively near future as well. Hoping to have info soon.

apparent flight issues for the boys... promoter had flight Confirmation #s that turned out not to be real... but I'll let someone else chime in re: that. what's done is done. see you at ypsi (bogdan and wisp and friends)

From Richie Hawtin, "Plastikman Live is a technically challenging show that has appeared successfully in over a dozen countries over the past year. The shows systems are well-tested but rely on specific requirements from the festivals where we perform. Without full compliance of these requirements we can find ourselves in a frustrating situation. My production team has been on site in NYC since Tuesday working alongside the Electric Zoo production team preparing for this show, and they have done everything within their powers to address the challenges that have been presented at the event. Sadly it has not worked out and we regret to announce that Plastikman will not perform in New York this weekend. We are excited, in light of the situation, that we are able to present this LED visual show similar to the shows that we present at other festivals around the world".

either that's a bullshit excuse, or somebody didn't actually check the venue before booking it, to make sure that it was viable for the show.

Guest hahathhat

the ship is sinking and the rats are fleeing

i'm just annoyed at being disappointed...

again

and again

and again and again and again

Guest Deep Fried Everything

i thought it was visa-related shit? that always seems to be the case with people who infrequently travel to the us for gigs. in any case sucks :dry:

Archived