IGNORED

Mr. Oizo - Stade 2

Guest MastaN8

Should I listen to this or Lambs Anger first?

Lambs Anger

Thanks, right now I'm on my third listen of Moustache, I like it because most of the beats don't go over 4 minutes. I'll check out Lambs Anger soon.

dean blunt :sup:

:sup:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should I listen to this or Lambs Anger first?

"Analogue Worms Attack" and the "Transexual" EP too.

Oh, I forgot the M-Seq EP, that's pretty heavy. Nazis is probably one of his best tracks too.

As for Stade 2, it's exactly what I expected after the little samples of France7 and Douchebeat (although the album version of the latter is much better than the live versions posted previously). The intro tracks Oizo (and SebastiAn for that matter) are always really fun and quite nicely done. I like how Oral Sax makes fun of himself and the overall song is great. Edn carries that same playful nature, making a reference to C&C Music Factory's "Gonna Make You Sweat". Chiffon reminds me a lot of Blind Concerto's melodic progression. Druide is a good track.

• 3 weeks later...

this sounds to me like the first time Oizo has gone back an done a retrospective album, it has elements of Worms, Lambs Anger and Moustache on it. Even a little bit of his more straight forward programming from '#1' and mseq are on this album.

While it is not bad by any means, i feel like he's stretching himself too thin trying to accomplish a mixture of all his styles. Even though i didn't love Lambs Anger i still found that he was trying to carve new territory where some of the songs i hated but others i absolutely loved. This one has more mediocre songs, they are all very listenable but overall a little less challenging more 'expected'

Stade 2 is a much more listenable album all the way through than Lambs Anger was, but not a single song on Stade 2 gets to the level of songs like

'Hun' 'Z'

and especially 'W' , although its not dancey by any means and its really silly it's by far the best track for me on Lambs Anger i wish he continued more along this style of bringing back uncomfortable rompler music (especially with how many dubstep musicians have rompler hardons but dont use the sounds satirically)

• 2 months later...

Listening to that album again and it's very good. Not the kind of thing I listen to everyday but it works perfectly when it's occasional.

was just listening to Druide today and I kinda wished it just kept going.

Yeah this track has such a groove !.. I agree it's too short

Guest Backson

fuck, I still need to pick this up.

also, YOU GUYS! I was crate digging at my local record store and I found the fucking "Nazis" EP! I was so proud! Backed with the weirdest Justice remix they ever did, plus his choppy edit of "Half a Scissor". Oh man, what a find!

also, YOU GUYS! I was crate digging at my local record store and I found the fucking "Nazis" EP! I was so proud! Backed with the weirdest Justice remix they ever did, plus his choppy edit of "Half a Scissor". Oh man, what a find!

Whoa you lucky boy !!!

fuck, I still need to pick this up.

Halfanedit and Nazis. Fucking rad.

Guest Backson

I was so happy!

again, gotta hear this album. might even have to buy it since I can't easily find mediafire links.

Guest Teribal Felafal

I find all the best tracks are at the tail end of the album. Somebody mentioned Druide before, that song is immense!!! puts every other track on the album to shame, i guess the best was saved for last.

Seriously, make sure to check out Druide before you die. And make sure it's loud.

Archived