IGNORED

Krautrock and Psychedelic Music of the Ages

vamos scorcho

This thread has probably been made before. For instance, there is this documentary which is widely considered jazz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B89-69icyc

This thread is for discussion of all good krautrock music. Psychedelic music in general is also encouraged, meaning prog sort of things are good in here.

I know krautrock is a very extensive genre. There are rarities and strange releases hidden inside. Things you wouldn't check out unless you were recommended to.

So, here is the thread. To start it off:

NEU-1.jpeg

I'm getting into Faust. This will fill my week.

faust-so-far-front.jpg

30csilh.jpg

If I've got the choice between Faust So Far, the Faust Tapes, and the first Faust album for purchase... well, I don't know which one to get. They all look appealing.

oh man this thread, i gotta get ready for lots of posting (or listening to krautrock, smoking weed and forgetting to post), but for starters:

chea

why the fuck are the first 2 kraftwerk albums so underrated? they're AMAZING!!! I had no idea! total kraut madness. like Neu but completely zany and left field!

seriously, a well kept secret apparently.

i got Guru Guru UFO sitting alongside me

why the fuck are the first 2 kraftwerk albums so underrated? they're AMAZING!!! I had no idea! total kraut madness. like Neu but completely zany and left field!

totally with you—i was never too into kraftwerk until i heard the first two albums.

totally with you—i was never too into kraftwerk until i heard the first two albums.

one of my favorite youtube videos of all time:

• 3 years later...

grip all of these and take the time to immerse yerself:

http://rateyourmusic.com/list/Reed73/steven_nurse_with_wound_stapletons_top_10_plus_1_krautrock_albums/

Julian Cope's book is mint. There are so many albums listed and for what was a relatively short-lived "scene" you could probably double the list he includes and still not water down the quality. The BBC doc from a few years ago is very hit n miss doe. Some great interviews but waaay too many missing heads to justify the tag of authoritative.

scuse the u-tub quality on some of these,,,,,,

Roedelius put out some incredible records, reminds me a lot of certain Selected Ambient Works tracks & i think the bloke is 80-summat now,,,,,,,,

Amon Duul II's Sandoz in the Rain improv:

Xhol (Caravan) - Orgesolo .....(off the Motherfuckers album)......let it breathe & do its thang:

Can's less frequently referenced Barnacles & Networks of Foam (live)

Holger Czukay & Jaki Liebezeit from Can plus the genius of Jah Wobble:

Ashra Temple:

Niagara with a straight-up funk grrrrrroove:

Harald Grosskopf's "Synthesist" album is MINT (later period classic German kosmische).......title track

Neu!'s Hallogallo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAXYMOgHQI4

Similarly, Steve Peregrin Took (ex T-Rex and admittedly a Brit) nailed it with this track:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShoD84lF9B4

wanted to end with a pers fave but computer said no finding Conny Plank's "News", #sadwank

• 4 years later...

Archived