MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest futuregirlfriend

hm weird can u link me

I lied.

You'd be better off figuring out irc and joining irc.freenode.net #watmm

There's a lot you can do with an irc channel.

and use a proper client

Yep, gone - waste of money. It wasn't being fully utilized anyways, and only a small group of people were actually using it - not to mention the amount of illegal links to copyrighted material that was being freely passed around.

I use Trillian, which allows connection to IRC. if someone sets up a channel I will join. I'm in other irc rooms anyway.

Guest futuregirlfriend

i hate irc

Why? It's just chat like chatmm but with private messaging and a lot more like file transfer, logging, bots. There are probably some decent browser addons if you can't be bothered with mirc.

Guest underscore

i didn't realize it would cost anything outside of regular hosting?

certain features on board software like IP Board cost additional monthly fees. methinks

i didn't realize it would cost anything outside of regular hosting?

that's stupid.

i feel like with all of the clever people here we should be able to work out a free solution that is just as good, if not better.

while also integrating with the board menu.

You should read the pinned 'Reality Check' thread for what it costs to keep this place going.

And, it's not about a matter of throwing money at it - sure, Acidphakist is willing to pay for a year and that's very generous of him, but as I stated the other reason is it's not moderated, and a lot of activity that goes on there is in direct violation of the rules. That's why an IRC solution is out of the question, since we can't prevent banned members, let alone posting links that violate the forum rules, from occurring.

Archived