IGNORED

chatmm

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You should read the pinned 'Reality Check' thread for what it costs to keep this place going.

320x240_014.jpg

And, it's not about a matter of throwing money at it - sure, Acidphakist is willing to pay for a year and that's very generous of him, but as I stated the other reason is it's not moderated, and a lot of activity that goes on there is in direct violation of the rules. That's why an IRC solution is out of the question, since we can't prevent banned members, let alone posting links that violate the forum rules, from occurring.

true, true, i see your point. but is that really a big deal? is there any way of actually tracing illegal links back to watmm if they are posted in an environment like chatmm?

Guest AcrossCanyons

phakist thanks if you really would do that u are a cool guy in my books even tho i hate acid music a lot and ur kind of rude to me in chat

this quote is fantastic. ohmylol

And, it's not about a matter of throwing money at it - sure, Acidphakist is willing to pay for a year and that's very generous of him, but as I stated the other reason is it's not moderated, and a lot of activity that goes on there is in direct violation of the rules. That's why an IRC solution is out of the question, since we can't prevent banned members, let alone posting links that violate the forum rules, from occurring.

couldn't you post a disclaimer up in there? therefore wavering all responsibilities from WATMM onto the individual.

And, it's not about a matter of throwing money at it - sure, Acidphakist is willing to pay for a year and that's very generous of him, but as I stated the other reason is it's not moderated, and a lot of activity that goes on there is in direct violation of the rules.

:cerious:

edit: lol seriously though it's cool

"by pressing agree you accept full responsibility for any of your illegal crapping edit: keep it simple"

simples

but i dunno

LAME!

At least I went in last night.... the last night of chatmm.... nothing was happening at all lol.

No but seriously, most of my most memorable watmm experiences in the past year had been in chatmm. This is pretty weak. Chatmm was way better than Watmm there for a while.

Joyrex, do you hate community?

Guest 277: 930-933

I think Joyrex's dislike of the sharing of links to copyrighted content has everything to do with his sense of morality and not so much with the possibility that it may get WATMM or him in trouble.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

I think Joyrex's dislike of the sharing of links to copyrighted content has everything to do with his sense of morality and not so much with the possibility that it may get WATMM or him in trouble.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

160x120_starsnaps_9sep_rickygervais.jpg

ehhh...

i can see why joyrex did this tho cuz no one hardly was using chatmm i was in there yesterday and wanna talk about all different things and saying stuff like about the new movie AUSTIN POWERS 4 but no 1 would say anything to me there all just ignoring

seriously... the logic behind this decision makes zero sense. Let's go over this together, so it can be clear how irrational this decision is.

List of reasons why chatmm is gone

1) Costs

2) Moderation

3) Illegal File Sharing

List of solutions

1) Acidphakist will kindly pick up the check / other members I am sure will chip in.

2) Self Moderation aka sending PM's to mods, screen capping inappropriate behavior, avoid chatmm if you find it to be too "adult" / "mature".

3) Just like with drugs, people will use them if they want to. Killing chatmm will not prevent people from downloading illegally.

*awaits response*

If those solutions are not good enough and Joyrex still feels chatmm serves little purpose, he is making a very arrogant call against the community by claiming the discussions that do occur within chatmm serve little purpose to the people who partake.

seriously... the logic behind this decision makes zero sense. Let's go over this together, so it can be clear how irrational this decision is.

List of reasons why chatmm is gone

1) Costs

2) Moderation

3) Illegal File Sharing

List of solutions

1) Acidphakist will kindly pick up the check / other members I am sure will chip in.

2) Self Moderation aka sending PM's to mods, screen capping inappropriate behavior, avoid chatmm if you find it to be too "adult" / "mature".

3) Just like with drugs, people will use them if they want to. Killing chatmm will not prevent people from downloading illegally.

*awaits response*

i support it

A broader problem with this decision for me is it depicts the potential nature and perspective Joyrex has on the watmm community.

i was just about to chime in on this very thought.

my initial follow up to my above "i support it" line was that JR was going to respond to your ideas with a long winded, cold hammer of petty reasons he thinks it should remain down.

i mean, it is what it is. it's ultimately his site. but chatmm is great fun, it completely enriches the experience here. that's all i really want to point out.

we've all been dealing with eachother for a while, joyrex included. we more or less know the swing of things here. things come and go. we are the children and joyrex is the father who comes up with something kind of cool every once in a while and later says it's bad because we start finding a way to make it sexual or something and he gets all awkward about it and takes it away.

/tipsy

Archived