IGNORED

chatmm

MAXIMUS MISCHIEF

Yep, gone - waste of money. It wasn't being fully utilized anyways, and only a small group of people were actually using it - not to mention the amount of illegal links to copyrighted material that was being freely passed around.

i don't get why you guys can't just pretend that stuff doesn't happen....do you have record companies on your ass or something? i think watmm is more low key than you think IMO

Or maybe he doesn't think it's morally right? I have pirated before - but I don't do it anymore. Bandcamp/Soundcloud/Bleep/etc are great...

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, gone - waste of money. It wasn't being fully utilized anyways, and only a small group of people were actually using it - not to mention the amount of illegal links to copyrighted material that was being freely passed around.

i don't get why you guys can't just pretend that stuff doesn't happen....do you have record companies on your ass or something? i think watmm is more low key than you think IMO

Or maybe he doesn't think it's morally right? I have pirated before - but I don't do it anymore. Bandcamp/Soundcloud/Bleep/etc are great...

lol bleep is great? serious? warp and bleep have been bullshitting its fans for the past year with "limited collector packs" and higher priced pre-orders (remember the ae boxset and the mediocre quality videos that were included as a bonus).

getting offtopic here but bleep sent me the autechre peel sessions instead of the black dog peel sessions. after waiting a few weeks for that to get shipped to australia I really couldn't be fucked sending it back (I had to pay for the postage) just to get something that I had already got the mp3s of from bleep.

i get that mistakes happen and whatnot but really how hard was it to check the order before sending it off? do they just go "meh, close enough." or what?

yes more off-topic.. but I find it interesting that chengod included bleep as an outlet for buying music. Maybe they are responsible for chatmms demise. But yes more off topic... I have been overcharged a number of times from bleep. Not a large amount or anything, but just enough that itd be a nice sandwich but small enough that some people would probably not notice the "mistake."

CHATMM was amazing when it was alive. I'm not joking, I think people genuinely were enjoying it a lot. I'm like a witness on the trial here because I stopped using it but it was a good feature!!! Now, on the other hand there is

http://webchat.freenode.net/

#watmm

which could serve the same purpose albeit in a less fun and heartwarming way.

lol

Guest Enter a new display name

this is besides the point though.. chatmm isn't about sharing music illegally... thats not why I or most/anyone want it to be re-opened.

I think 99% of the file sharing through CHATMM was triggered by you begging for a link when we synced an album.

screw free node i cant find how to hide mask myself? in gamesurge its super easy just use +x

true fact: i invented hostmask hiding / mode +x for a network called eliteorbit back in 99/00... came up with the idea and wrote the ircd patch that made it happen. today it's a standard feature (albeit slightly different than my original implementation).

this is besides the point though.. chatmm isn't about sharing music illegally... thats not why I or most/anyone want it to be re-opened.

I think 99% of the file sharing through CHATMM was triggered by you begging for a link when we synced an album.

please, your trolling is really not necessary right now, especially when its not humorous.

Archived