IGNORED

e a r t h q u a k e

jules

i thought i was having a stroke or something. it was like everything was fine but for some reason my mind was making everything wobble, and the vibrations made my stomach churn

Guest viscosity

thought it was me shaking or bad plumbing or something, stood up and was like ? then went back to playing zelda

felt it at work in Toronto. right away my co-worker said it's an earthquake while everyone else kinda stood up and were like wtf was that? there was one last year in northern ontario that I thought made the floor move more than this one. canadian earthquakes

Guest Franklin

love this post. I was in a store in a town called Hamilton up here in Ontario... kinda near niagara falls and I felt nothing. when i got back to my car it was all over the radio. all the shows switched to call-ins so that the locals could blather about how a 5.9 earthquake 400 miles away woke them from their afternoon naps. one guy said he was really mad at his dog for waking him up. then when he realized it was the earthquake that woke him he said he felt bad and gave his dog a nice juicy bone. then the announcer made some crack and I shut the radio off.

love this post. I was in a store in a town called Hamilton up here in Ontario... kinda near niagara falls and I felt nothing. when i got back to my car it was all over the radio. all the shows switched to call-ins so that the locals could blather about how a 5.9 earthquake 400 miles away woke them from their afternoon naps. one guy said he was really mad at his dog for waking him up. then when he realized it was the earthquake that woke him he said he felt bad and gave his dog a nice juicy bone. then the announcer made some crack and I shut the radio off.

this is why i love canada but hate ontario.

Didn't physically feel it, but at my work I noticed some lights and projectors that hang from the ceiling sway and vibrate noticeably. I'm in southern Maine btw

i felt it pretty good ! it was my first, i was really excited !

it was also slightly terrifying in that it reminded me of the power of natural events and how little control we have when things get serious.

not that this was serious at all. ultimately, this was a pleasant experience in my opinion.

Archived