IGNORED

Terror Train - Terror Train

fumi

Nick Huntingdon kindly sent me an email.

Hi there,

It's a new project of mine.  I'm a big fan of 70's/80's horror films and dance music of those eras so it draws a lot of inspiration from those two worlds, but not exclusively.  kind of a jumping point.  Also, it's not too serious.  More like the fun of being scared, Prom Night, teenage heartbreak.  An episode of Scooby Doo via Dario Argento or something.  Kids having fun getting scared at House of Horrors, teenage tears, and if you can throw a discotheque in there somewhere, I'm in heaven.

That's kinda what it is.

Hopefully you're just having fun listening to it.

Thanks for the interest,

Nick

Cannot wait to hear this now.

Sounds like some Freescha goodness in the vein of Head Warlock Double Stare.

I imagine preorders will go up soon.

• 1 year later...

What's the good word watmm? I've been in a Freescha mood lately, was happy to see some new jams coming out of their camp. I thought some of the peeps here would dig as well. Ambient horror disco maybe?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8bbKRXLF90&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kox1JPXmHO0&feature=related

Funny you should post this - I bought Terror Train last year (it's good - go on and buy it!) and just yesterday I received a little letter in the mail from Attack Nine with a thank-you gift for last year's purchase... came with a download pack that was 3.4 gb. I haven't checked it what's in it yet (something to do with Night Sequels, which also sounds awesome)... but the instructions said to download it, put on my 3d glasses, turn off the lights, and enjoy. Nicest thank-you a label has ever given me!

Weirdest thing about the letter was that it was slightly ripped when it got here and the stamp they used hadn't been marked by the postman, implying that the letter never went through the post at all, but apparently had a bumpy journey to my house... :blink:

Funny you should post this - I bought Terror Train last year (it's good - go on and buy it!) and just yesterday I received a little letter in the mail from Attack Nine with a thank-you gift for last year's purchase... came with a download pack that was 3.4 gb. I haven't checked it what's in it yet (something to do with Night Sequels, which also sounds awesome)... but the instructions said to download it, put on my 3d glasses, turn off the lights, and enjoy. Nicest thank-you a label has ever given me!

I was really impressed by this gesture as well, considering he sent it out to me in England as well. The video's OK and there's also an MP3 of the track which sounds very promising.

And to the OP, lot of love for Terror Train here (playing as I type), you describe it well but I still think there are echoes of Head Warlock in there as well. It mostly gives me a sense of euphoria somehow, especially [[[Time-Out]]] which also makes me jump out of my skin every time it starts.

Archived