IGNORED

Watch Thom Yorke Dj live

beerwolf

true but one way to look at it is at least he allowed himself to fail without creating a 100% safety net for himself like that utter twat Peter Hook who just would play mix cds and then mime out of his mind on coke knob twiddles

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

true but one way to look at it is at least he allowed himself to fail without creating a 100% safety net for himself like that utter twat Peter Hook who just would play mix cds and then mime out of his mind on coke knob twiddles

yeah, i guess you're right. and at least he wasn't like the 'headliner'. he was just the warm-up.

next time Thom just do a laptop set! (like Lone) :)

the rest of the night past 8:45 was pretty good. and thanks beefwolf for the heads up!

apologies for slagging off Mr Radiohead in your thread. i do still like him even tho he can't mix. :)

apologies for slagging off Mr Radiohead in your thread. i do still like him even tho he can't mix. :)

that's a good lad sirch. thom means well and is only attempting to follow an interest in what he loves, electronic music. here's to him taking time to practice a bit more, altho i noticed more 'skill' within the chaos while

watching this performance, he was at least attempting more technical moves which likely means he is actively learning them. really the most unfortunate move on his part was butchering the aphex transition which

honestly was the wrong trac to choose off the plates anyway and could have been worked in and out in countless different ways with better result.

Yeah, he wasn't so great at mixing, but I'll give a break that he is at least trying.

This is my appeal to someone in the electronic community to show him the ropes. Richard, Mike, anyone?

why does he aspire to be a DJ? DJs are the lowest form of life.

:lol:

lower than flies, and wasps? and the bacteria in dog shit that gets on your shoes?

Superstar DJ, here we go!!!!!!!!!!!

why does he aspire to be a DJ? DJs are the lowest form of life.

:lol:

lower than flies, and wasps? and the bacteria in dog shit that gets on your shoes?

Superstar DJ, here we go!!!!!!!!!!!

i've got more respect for a unicellular organism than i do for a dj.

^ yeah that's 1 of the bonus mixes from the Selection 16 album. they were on the CD, and the vinyl LP came with an extra 10" (above). i've just had a looksee... there's a very nice Ceephax mix on there 'n all.

The video is only 27 mins. long. If you want to bypass iTunes, here is the

direct link to the mp3 download of Lone's full 46 min set

Or listen here:

http://boilerroom.tv/uploads/2011/10/BR-69-Lone.mp3

thanks a lot for the Lone set, Superstix! :)

sounds even better second time around, when i'm not pottering about like i was when it was streaming on the night.

Archived