IGNORED

Hecq

thehauntingsoul

I don't mean to say it in a trollish-manner, but why are you mad?

I dunno because I've seen people jacking all over his shit, and I mean really hailing the guy, which got me real interested, then I put on his music and it's just terrible. He should've stuck to making stylish video stuff. He's a good producer in the sense that he knows how to make it snazzy, loud and wide but there's no direction & no soul... His ambient tracks are compressed beyond sanity and sound like shit though. For some reason, that embodies everything that's wrong with IDM for me, and it totally misses the point. Even autechres most wanky/glitchy tracks are autechre and whatever soul that is, and clark knows to make his compression masturba-thons interesting, but some producers seem to miss that whole thing entirely.

Edited by chimera slot mom

different strokes. Night Falls was one of my favorite releases of the last 10 years. I like ae but am not a fan, and don't really rate clark. So it goes.

I dunno because I've seen people jacking all over his shit, and I mean really hailing the guy, which got me real interested, then I put on his music and it's just terrible. He should've stuck to making stylish video stuff. He's a good producer in the sense that he knows how to make it snazzy, loud and wide but there's no direction & no soul... His ambient tracks are compressed beyond sanity and sound like shit though. For some reason, that embodies everything that's wrong with IDM for me, and it totally misses the point. Even autechres most wanky/glitchy tracks are autechre and whatever soul that is, and clark knows to make his compression masturba-thons interesting, but some producers seem to miss that whole thing entirely.

Agreed. Also the rapping on steeltongued is embarassing

but hey! he can produce whatever the fuck he wants, and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it!

nJHt2.jpg

Edited by exaze

I like a good deal of his stuff. His quality control isn't the best but surely you can't think he's terrible.

Also recently discovered the track Iso on Scatterheart. My god if that isn't the subtlest awesome IDM track I've heard in a while. Skip to 2:00 if you're ADD because that's when it becomes awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_63YTa9xX0

Soooo much bass.

Edit: The bass comes through kinda distorted because it's so low and this is 360p. Need 320kbps minimum to fully enjoy.

Edited by thehauntingsoul

• 3 months later...

to put it in musical terms he uses pretty common harmonics nothing fancy. Always stays on the save side with his melodies

So I have heard his name here and there and just checked him out. Came here to make a thread, and saw this one on front page. I downloaded Avengers, and I have to say: holy fuck. His sound design is ridiculous!

Seeing your guys praise of his older stuff makes me definitely want to check it out.

Guest ryanmcallister

So I have heard his name here and there and just checked him out. Came here to make a thread, and saw this one on front page. I downloaded Avengers, and I have to say: holy fuck. His sound design is ridiculous!

Seeing your guys praise of his older stuff makes me definitely want to check it out.

Definitely do. It's very different from Avenger, but I like it even more. Sound design, musicality, production quality everything is top notch with the guy. The guys here knocking on him just don't seem to get the point, which is fine, but they are dead wrong saying it's "just terrible". Listen on headphones first time through, you'll get the full effect and you'll hear how he sort of makes the most massive tiny sounds around.

Guest CraniumXII

That's fockin' great, man :)

I would give a fresh perspective on heqc, but my desktop's power supply recently crapped out, so I can't access a good majority of my music :(

I thought it was good, but not AMAZING. I'll give it another listen, when I can :/

That's fockin' great, man :)

I would give a fresh perspective on heqc, but my desktop's power supply recently crapped out, so I can't access a good majority of my music :(

I thought it was good, but not AMAZING. I'll give it another listen, when I can :/

The latest release is quite different to the old stuff so I agree to it being just "good"

oh man, I thought you knew about him. seems like he would be right up your alley. My favorite stuff is on Nightfalls -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5DoHBOAWc0&fmt=18

Oh, and that Spheres of Fury track is sick!

I never really listen to much dubstep... I've just heard so much bad stuff, that I kind of wrote it off. But after discovering Hecq, I have to say, I am a fan. I just haven't found anyone else that does it as skillfully as he does. Even the majority of other tracks in this thread don't do much for me.

Actually, this remix is by Techdiff, who hasn't put out a lot of music, but he really masters his techniques :

He likes to write patches to mess with his MIDI gear :

He had a release on Peace off Records at the end of 2011 :

http://peaceoff.bandcamp.com/album/the-black-dog-released

• 1 month later...

awww, I love hecq, his stuff isn't for everyone, but then again who's is? can't please everyone all the time :)

his newest thing from ad Noiseam Enceladius is think its called, fucking mint, some great stuff on there. I think his strength is his versatility, can make all sorts of different stuff. I think most people know him for the more ambient stuff, which is really very good, but I think it's awesome that he chose to branch out and explore other directions, rather than limiting himself to try and stay safe. Lots of respect for that.

the spheres of fury link is for the remix I did for the EP collab thingy he and Jay did. glad someone liked it though. in case you're interested.. Putting the final touches on an album of that sort of stuff, kinda dark IDM stuff.. should be out on Ad Noiseam end of the summer ish... Provided I can stop being such a fussy dick and put a full stop on it all :)

also.. Ewww video! hate seing videos of myself, pulling dumb faces and squinting at my screen because I still haven't gotten around to getting some new glasses :/

• 11 years later...